Newbie Pass Around

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just about ready to release the box back into the wild. Just got to a arrange a fork lift truck and a wagon to pick it up ;) @Crossan, I believe you're the only name down at the moment, so if you you message me your details I'll get it sorted this week.

I've chucked a few of my tucks of blades in the box, including some of the Tigers I received from Joe @Asfalloth . So with those, @pjgh 's contribution and the blades @tadpole mailed me to add, it's looking very good. I've also put a few of the Gems that @Satanfriendly dropped me as there was only one blade left for the Ever Ready razor.

Thanks to everyone involved in curating the box over the years. I've got away lightly, with just some rose stuff purchased on the back of trying the soaps, with lime to follow. In fact I'd go as far as to say it's a nett win, as the amount of scents that turned me off and saved me buying soaps I'd not get on with was huge :ROFLMAO: I now know I'm a floral, fresh, woody person and definitely not a coffee, peanut butter or dense smoke lover!
Dropped a message

This is a very worrying time, as I have already demonstrated a simple conversation has resulted in me going nuts with purchases, actually having something in hand...well I suspect I may be relegated to the sofa at some point!

Absolutely no rush of course.

The box has just arrived, so thank you @Jester, not wrong about that weight either, think the poor delivery guy was going to burst a blood vessel. Just opened it to take a quick gander and it is a veritable treasure trove, think I'm going to have some fun having a go with some of these! I'd said initially that I was having a go primarily for the hardware, but some of the other gear is already rather enticing...I'd best give my bank a heads up, they'll think someone else is draining my account!

E3621-C21-C204-4674-9-E4-D-132907-CFAA9-A.jpg

So I’ve been talking to Paul at labarbiera... he likes our pass around box so with my order that arrived today he sent over some goodies. There’s a nice proraso selection, handful of lord razors and some soaps/creams and and other stuff. Should be a nice refill.
I think with razors the newbies can take one each just make sure that one of them is left In box, alum block probably should be also snatched by someone due to hygienic reasons. There’s quite a few packs of styptic matches too.
Gotta love this community.

@Crossan if you pm me your address details I’ll get it sent out to you Monday/Tuesday . If you could kindly add the contents to newbie box that’d be great!

picture shows as broken on my device, so here’s the link to contents: Click here

So I’ve been talking to Paul at labarbiera... he likes our pass around box so with my order that arrived today he sent over some goodies. There’s a nice proraso selection, handful of lord razors and some soaps/creams and and other stuff. Should be a nice refill.
I think with razors the newbies can take one each just make sure that one of them is left In box, alum block probably should be also snatched by someone due to hygienic reasons. There’s quite a few packs of styptic matches too.

@Crossan if you pm me your address details I’ll get it sent out to you Monday/Tuesday . If you could kindly add the contents to newbie box that’d be great!

picture shows as broken on my device, so here’s the link to contents: Click here
What an absolute Gentleman. Well done for organising Si and please pass on our thanks to Paul

That is really cool of him!

I've always have very good service from La Barberia. This is something else!

No drama at all PM sent. Like I said in my message with these and my intended additions it really will need a forklift. I should be done in a couple of weeks, I may have to repack into a bigger box as it will be jam packed, or get the wife to pack it, I was never any good at Tetris!

The new goodies have arrived, have either tried or already own most of the stuff in this one so the top up will be untouched for the next lucky individual! I said to Scorpio never have I been so clean shaven, one or two surprises so far, I never thought I would go in for the 1912 Apricus, but I was pleasantly surprised. Anyway I ramble, back to the testing. I should be done and dusted in a week or so!

I have now gone through everything I intend to, there's still enough untouched in there that I could spend another few weeks playing around (but frankly I'm scared where it may lead me!). I've given a number of the razors a run out (all have now been given their barbicide bath), turns out I'm not a massive fan of the adjustable but absolutely loved the Ever Ready, such a simple bit of kit but does what it intends and does it well! I would say I have got off lightly but the ever ready is setting me off down another rabbit hole.

I will be getting it boxed up and ready for the next lucky recipient (whenever they make themselves known) over the next week. Assuming I can get my Tetris skills up to scratch I will try to add a few from my own collection (good performers but aren't in my rotation) in addition to the goodies courtesy of La Barbiera.

1. Suezbana Spearmint
2. Suezbana Moringa & Citrus
3. Mondial Mandorino E Spezie
4. Mondial Mandorla
5. Kosimetik Shave & Beard Solid Soap
6. Baume.be Pre Shave Gel
7. Seven Potions Pre Shave Oil

@FreshN I've sent you a PM, as mentioned I think I've seen a min post/time on forum, I don't have a problem sending on but I'm not sure what that is.

I've seen 25/25 on some of the earlier posts in this thread, then there's 30/30 on the buy/sell/trade. Anyone know what the criteria is?

Additionally I've actually managed to get it boxed up, the thing is rammed, I'll do a weigh in a little later today.

Good morning All,
The newbie box is going to be suspended for a little while until we sort out the thread and go through the box, it may be that there are 2 boxes once it is sorted out.
We are also looking for a volunteer to look after the long-term management of the Pass-around, if you are interested PM myself and @globalm for more info.
@Crossan i will PM you with the address to forward the box to so it can be sorted out.
Thanks in advance
T

Perhaps you have arrived at TSR equipped with your first shiny new razor and brush. Perhaps you are yet to start the journey. Either way, the forum discussions on seemingly endless opportunities in shaving hardware might possibly excite and daunt you in equal measure.

Well you oughtn't worry. We're a kind-hearted bunch here and, to prove that you should stick around in this forum (one of the brighter corners of the Internet), members have put together a Pass Around box of razors, different sorts of blades, soaps and creams for forum novices to experience and enjoy. Treasures inside range from Ladas DE blades from Russia to the fabled French Martin de Candre shaving soap.

All that is asked for is that the parcel is passed on in the way you would personally wish to receive it: send it on promptly, feel free to replenish stock from your own possessions, and don't pinch all of the good bits and send on your discards!

Post your interest below.

Waiting list:
  1. Stacy555
  2. Kevy
  3. Giorgio Sterlini
  4. Shavejourneybadger
  5. Al H
  6. wayne mattison
  7. oscsha
  8. RoastSessions
  9. jh83
  10. Smoo