Newbie from Derbyshire

A warm welcome to TSR!

No doubt you'll end up with more blades in your nay/yay piles after reading the pages here on TSR :sneaky:
You know it! I keep collecting random packs I keep meaning to try, end up having a few crap shaves and run straight back to my nacets!

Reactions: ATG
Welcome to TSR.
It is worth revisiting blades as your technique improves; especially the Gillette Silver Blues and Astra SP.
Good shout, I keep going back to the feathers, I perhaps should set my sights on something more achievable, astras and gillette silver blues do sit as odd ones out don't they

I would not reccomend it; it has a large blade gap (~1.35mm) but neutral or even negative blade exposure so you need good technique.
That's a shame, I kind of fancied something a little high end but not ridiculous. I didn't really get on with the 6c honestly, maybe I should revisit. Really enjoy the 37c but I do find myself reaching for my cheapo edwin jagger amazon exclusive. I rally like the short handle which is weird and I'm quite a big guy relatively

I would not reccomend it; it has a large blade gap (~1.35mm) but neutral or even negative blade exposure so you need good technique.
That's a shame, I kind of fancied something a little high end but not ridiculous. I didn't really get on with the 6c honestly, maybe I should revisit. Really enjoy the 37c but I do find myself reaching for my cheapo edwin jagger amazon exclusive. I really like the short handle which is weird and I'm quite a big guy relatively

Does anyone have other suggestions? I was eyeing up the pearl flexi outside of interest

I must say, coming from straights and with a 1960s Tech as my DE, I have also had my eye on the Pearl Flexi. It appeals due to adjustability, without being adjustable between samurai sword and guillotine as I'm led to believe the Futur is. I think it might be a mistake to think that just because I'm used to straight razors, I can jump in at the aggressive end with a DE. That smells like pride coming before a fall... although I could be wrong, but I'll err on the side of caution. I actually like the mildness of the Tech, but the idea of being able to dial in a bit more as and when has a certain appeal. Then again if there's a vintage equivalent I'm all ears (until I cut them off!)

I must say, coming from straights and with a 1960s Tech as my DE, I have also had my eye on the Pearl Flexi. It appeals due to adjustability, without being adjustable between samurai sword and guillotine as I'm led to believe the Futur is. I think it might be a mistake to think that just because I'm used to straight razors, I can jump in at the aggressive end with a DE. That smells like pride coming before a fall... although I could be wrong, but I'll err on the side of caution. I actually like the mildness of the Tech, but the idea of being able to dial in a bit more as and when has a certain appeal. Then again if there's a vintage equivalent I'm all ears (until I cut them off!)
I've read about the Gibbs adjustable (is it French possibly?) that the rex ambassador and pearl flexi closely resemble in terms of tech. I'm probably completely wrong there.

Has anyone tried out the rockwell model T?

Welcome. You'll have to give us your soap recipe!
Yeah no problem, I can send a puck if you want to give it a go, just don't hold me accountable :ROFLMAO:

The recipe needs to be checked and insurance things faffed with to distribute here in blighty, I only tend to make it for myself and friends

Reactions: PHR
Back
Top Bottom