Newbie DE shaver

Welcome! I'm just starting out too and have enjoyed using the Wilkinson Sword soap and face lathering so far. There are some great recommendations in the newbie section like the mantic59 videos and I found the face lathering tutorial by Michael Freedberg on YouTube really useful.

How did you find the alum block? I've just ordered one and have to admit that I'm a touch scared :ROFLMAO:
@Stanno Don't fear the alum, dude ;) It gives you instant feedback on how well you've shaved (it's not a heavy sting by the way) and allows you to work with blade angle and shave direction to minimise irritation. It's a great feeling when you get a clear pass with it. Just don't drop it like I did with my first block :rolleyes:

Welcome! I'm just starting out too and have enjoyed using the Wilkinson Sword soap and face lathering so far. There are some great recommendations in the newbie section like the mantic59 videos and I found the face lathering tutorial by Michael Freedberg on YouTube really useful.

How did you find the alum block? I've just ordered one and have to admit that I'm a touch scared :ROFLMAO:

Yeah I had a quick look, still yet to make an amazing creamy lather but getting there!

I quite enjoy using alum block! Stinging isn't very strong but you definitely can feel it! And it's nice way of knowing where you might have brushed the skin bit too hard with the blade despite not having any visible marks, at the moment I am using it after every shave and definitely will for nearest future

@Stanno Don't fear the alum, dude ;) It gives you instant feedback on how well you've shaved (it's not a heavy sting by the way) and allows you to work with blade angle and shave direction to minimise irritation. It's a great feeling when you get a clear pass with it. Just don't drop it like I did with my first block :rolleyes:

Cheers for the tip - I'll do my best not to drop it! Should be here be by the weekend so I'll face my fear soon enough :LOL: Like you say, hopefully it will help me improve my technique. I've read it's not for everyone so I'm definitely interested to see what it's like!

I gave the alum block a run out this morning @Jester and @Scorpio93. Pleasantly surprised: more of pleasant tingling than an all out sting. I dare say, had I been using it a month ago when I started DE shaving, I'd have experienced some more obvious feedback :LOL:
That's good news @Stanno . I'm glad I did the same to be fair. Imagine a run-over with it when you started, and thinking "it's going to feel like this every day?" :eek:

Back
Top Bottom