New YaQi 50mm

That is a pretty bad alignment issue there. I'd put it down to poor QC and would certain put me off any potential purchase.

3Up3Mr1.jpg

Razor Yaqi AC Brass
Blade KAI CT ProTouch MG 2nd (hmmm...this blade is somehow smoother & more efficient than the Feather Proguard)
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Bvlgari AS Balm & Edt
Perfect shave with this blade paired with the razor despite the alignment issue. Super silky-smooth and very comfortable in 3passes with some pickup without any issues for a BBS result. These KAI & Feather guarded blades are giving me the best shaves now...hahaha. I have yet to try the Feather Professional which is still waiting to bat.
20210408_200228.jpg

Razor Yaqi AC Brass
Blade Feather Professional 2nd use and somehow much more silky smooth!
Shave with razor paired with 2nd use blade was much better than the 1st... silkier smooth and more comfortable. Very enjoyable 3passes without any issues for a mostly BBS result. A very nice & sharp blade this Feather Professional (I realized today a few hours after shaving how sharp it was because I found some micro-cut lines at the jawbone "below the ear' area as a result just putting the blade to my skin from going atg yesterday-no bleeding at all surprisingly).
20210410_204741.jpg

Just too good this combination!
Razor Yaqi AC Brass
Blade Feather ProGuard 12th
Another great shave with the razor paired with the 12th used blade. Super smooth and very comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a glass-like bbs finish. The well-used blade remains efficient.
20210414_211410.jpg

Another great shave!!
Razor Yaqi AC Aluminum
Blade Feather Professional 3rd (felt better compare to 1st use)
Shave with razor paired with the blade was very good...again! Very smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a glass-like finish.
20210416_231918.jpg

Apparently they are officially called the Yaqi Raster and is shown as a version 2, although I don't know what's changed.
They probably change the thread post, which was a little crooked in the V1. I look forward to your comparison to the hawk too as I am kinda interested in the hawk.

Anyway...my V1 is giving me very good shaves...

Razor Yaqi AC Brass
Blade Feather ProGuard 13th - amazing blade!!
Shave with razor paired with the well-used blade is again silky smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs finish.
20210418_123523.jpg

I first started out with the El Jefe V1. I liked it but it was a pain to line up the blade. I get great shaves with it when I have time to fiddle with the blade. I bought both V1 and V2 of the Hawk because of how well the El Jefe shaved. I didn't like either of them so I sold both of them. I still have the El Jefe but will be selling it as the Yaqi shaves as well without the fuss. I didn't try the V3 Hawk because I don't like heavy razors. I tried all the AC blades and found I like the Feather Pro's the best. I still have a tin of Proline which I thought was the worst of the bunch. When I switch out from the blade the Yaqi came with, which I like, I will give them a go. I must of lucked upped with the light weight Yaqi as I don't have any problems with it. I haven't tried the brass version yet. Looking forward to giving it and the blade it came with a go.
Today is the third shave on the blade the Yaqi came with. I'm still getting two pass with clean up BBS shaves with it even though I have been going a week between shaves.

How securely is the SE blade attached together from Yaqi SE AC razor???
I am not sure if you're referring to the blade that comes with the Yaqi SE AC razor, but both of mine are from a local vendor and do not come with it. OTOH, so far the Feather Pro & ProGuard & KAI blades I have used are very secure in both my AC razors.

Meanwhile.....Just too good this combination...
Razor Yaqi AC Aluminum
Blade Feather ProGuard 14th Use...
Another awesome shave with razor paired with the well-used blade. Still silky smooth and very comfortable in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish without any issues.
20210421_213401.jpg

That sounds encouraging @mpf9ret ... mine left British Customs on Friday, yet to be updated so guess it's being passed into the mail system and will arrive shortly.
Hi Paul,
Did not think you cared for AC types. I suspect you might surprised at how well it performs. I used a Kai Pink and had a great Shave, and will interrupt my Injector rotation to have some back to back shaves.
Mike B.

Hi Paul,
Did not think you cared for AC types. I suspect you might surprised at how well it performs. I used a Kai Pink and had a great Shave, and will interrupt my Injector rotation to have some back to back shaves.
Mike B.
You're right! I don't ... or didn't. I'm revisiting assumptions and conclusions. I'm happy to have an open mind, just done want to spend hundreds doing so ... and so the Yaqi is a dip of the toe.

Back
Top Bottom