New YaQi 50mm

So how do they shave? Anyone had a chance to try one yet?
Had my 7th shave with the AC razor paired with the same Feather ProGuard blade this morning and it was another effortless, silky smooth, and the most efficient shave I could ever get among my other razor collections. I am truly amazed! Check-out my SOTD...

Had my 7th shave with the AC razor paired with the same Feather ProGuard blade this morning and it was another effortless, silky smooth, and the most efficient shave I could ever get among my other razor collections. I am truly amazed! Check-out my SOTD...

Have you tried it with an unguarded blade?

Have you tried it with an unguarded blade?
Hi and thanks for asking. Nope, I haven't tried with an unguarded blade as yet because they've not arrived. I've ordered the Feather Professional and a member from another forum kindly send me some Prolines and Kai blades to try. I will update once I received and shave with the unguarded blades.
Somehow there's a local online cosmetic retailer that keeps some of these Feather Proguards and I am going to buy all their stocks (left with 3 boxes) as it is the cheapest at only USD26 for all 3 boxes.

Just shaved with the Yaqi AC. I got sent both to review and I used the heavier brass version with a Feather Pro Guard. Effortless shave with a great BBS result. Easy to find the angle and a joy to use. It weighs in at roughly 70 grams, only 7 grams lighter than the Backland Vector. A great razor.
If you do buy one of these razors, be careful when you take the head apart as they come with a blade loaded in it, but it's turned the other way round so that the sharp edge is facing towards the back of the head, but just to make you aware.

Last edited:
Just tried one courtesy of Boycie's emporium. I was surprised by this razor.

I put in a used but still sharp Schick Proline blade in case of bloodbath. First impression was that nothing was happening, but the alum and the absence of whiskers told me that I had indeed shaved. Very little feel while shaving. Mild but effective. I love the neatness and small blade. Makes me think there should be a Vector in my future.

I'll probably keep this until it breaks. The construction does not speak of toughness and long life but the razor is great value.

Just shaved with the Yaqi AC. I got sent both to review and I used the heavier brass version with a Feather Pro Guard. Effortless shave with a great BBS result. Easy to find the angle and a joy to use. It weighs in at roughly 70 grams, only 7 grams lighter than the Backland Vector. A great razor.
If you do buy one of these razors, be careful when you take the head apart as they come with a blade loaded in it, but it's turned the other way round so that the sharp edge is facing towards the back of the head, but just to make you aware.
Has anyone tried the blade that the razors come with?

Back
Top Bottom