New YaQi 50mm

I am admittedly AC ignorant. Is this simply a Vector clone?
Yes, pretty much. The shave is similar to injector's in that they have that rigid sharp blade but they've got the extra width as well. Does the width improve the shave? Debatable - but I've found nearly every AC razor I've used to be a pleasure. I doubt this Yaqi clone is anything like a vector though. The Vector has brilliant tolerances and balance.

It makes your existing stocks of DE blades made in an Eastern European country that no longer exist redundant thereby forcing you to buy even more expensive blades via more exclusive distribution channels.

Seems like a means to buy even more different types of blades.

No thank you, I already have enough blades to buy, eg DE blades made in an Eastern European country that no longer exist.

I am no proponent of AC razors as I tried the Hawk with different blades & hated it. Rough go it was. That said I don't see any measurable advantage over an injector other than width and a few more swipes I will suffer. I do however see many who like them despite all the "hoopla" from a few years back dying down. For every nut there exists a bolt.

I thought perhaps there was something new & novel with the "50mm" label. Oh well, stand down Tony'schin, no date tonight. ;):D

I am no proponent of AC razors as I tried the Hawk with different blades & hated it. Rough go it was. That said I don't see any measurable advantage over an injector other than width and a few more swipes I will suffer. I do however see many who like them despite all the "hoopla" from a few years back dying down. For every nut there exists a bolt.

I thought perhaps there was something new & novel with the "50mm" label. Oh well, stand down Tony'schin, no date tonight. ;):D
Which blades did you use?

There seem to be a fair few trends in the wet shaving worlds but to counter it there is the stick of Arko with the picture of the Turkish man with lather on his face smelling like a urinal cake laughing at us all and the fickle trends.

Arko will outlive all those trends and probably a nuclear holocaust and even then it will probably still smell like a urinal cake.

Back
Top Bottom