New to the forum and help on blade choice

Hi all, I made the switch to traditional shaving and hoping to go SR eventually, anyway I currently have a merkur 34c HD DE razor, this is one I borrowed from a good friend and got on well so made it my first purchase. He gave me a selection of blades but I stuck with the Astra ones he gave me, so my question is I love the Astra blades but one where is the best place to buy from? 2 is there any other blades that do just a good a job or better? Thanks in advance!

Ok brill thanks for that... do you have any preference on sellers or types of blades yourself? Mine is a light stubble and doesn't really grow massively long (half a cm at most!)

Welcome Mark, great blades the Astra's , Ebay is probably the place to look if you want to buy 100+ or any on line retailers like Connought shaving, shaving station, shave lounge ect . If you love the astra blades I would stick with them or if you just wanted to see what else was out there why not buy a blade sampler, from Ebay or shave lounge and see what you think because everyone has their blade of choice so it's a hard question to give an answer to. Good luck, good to have you with us. Paul.

You can pick up 100 packs of Astra's on eBay and Amazon.

As others have said pick up a sample pack, I bought mine from shave lounge and am working through them currently.

If you want a wider variety consider a pack from https://www.razorbladesclub.com or they offer every blade as a pack. The price is pretty good and will give you a chance to try some more unusual blades.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

There are some cheap, lower tier blades out there – for example Super-Max, Derby Extras, Tian Li – and they only work for me in shavettes, my Merkur slant, and Futur clone. See what works best for you in your Merkur 34c.

my question is I love the Astra blades but one where is the best place to buy from? 2 is there any other blades that do just a good a job or better? Thanks in advance!
Fleabay is a good source; Astra SP £8.70 per hundred delivered. Gillette Silver Blue are definitely worth trying. You can also get a Gillette 40 blade pack from Connaught Shaving which is well worth trying without risking too much expenditure.