New to Head shaving

Hello
I'm Pete
New to the Forum.
New to head shaving. Finally got fed up with my hair thinning out on top with no distinct hair line and decided I needed a new hair style.
My Gray hair was like a porcupine on the sides unless I used a stiff hair gel and that looked stupid when it got out of place.
I got myself a Skull shaver Beast clipper and cut off all my hair then a Pit bull shaver to finish the job.
I cant believe how liberating it is to have a shaved Head. I don't think I will ever go back.
PK

Welcome to TSR.
Hello
I'm Pete
New to the Forum.
New to head shaving. Finally got fed up with my hair thinning out on top with no distinct hair line and decided I needed a new hair style.
My Gray hair was like a porcupine on the sides unless I used a stiff hair gel and that looked stupid when it got out of place.
I got myself a Skull shaver Beast clipper and cut off all my hair then a Pit bull shaver to finish the job.
I cant believe how liberating it is to have a shaved Head. I don't think I will ever go back.
PK
Hello there,

A great introduction to the forum Pete.

Every one who is balding can relate to your posting...

I'm a head/dome head shaver too when I first started to shave my head I used my hair clippers each week on "no guard" and gave myself a buzz-cut "all year round and once a month i done a full dome/head shave I like the "follically challenged look", it also saves me a fortune on hair products. Now I don't bother with my hair clippers I just do a full dome/head shave with a DE, SE/ Injector razor once a week in the colder months and recently twice a week since the weather is getting warmer.

Injector razors are now my preferred shaving tools for my head/dome shaves. Before I had the shaving confidence & technique I used a Gillette Guard which I still add to my razor rotation it's the only cartridge razor I still use with excellent results.

It was my Turkish barber who encouraged me to buy a pair of hair clippers, and buzz-cut myself...I started on a no.1 for while then by mistake i forgot to put the guard on and used "no guard" which to be honest was near the same...I done this for 3.5 years now and never went back.

I've commented on hair loss many times, and like every man ,i admit i did try to fight my hair loss for years, but my advice to anyone once it starts to go '"let it go!!"...A close mate of mine actually grew a ponytail to try and hide his baldness, which looked even worse, I asked him "When you lift a ponytail up, what do you see?.."..You see an arsehole!....On a serious note, I find It's stupidly pointless IMHO been a 'Walter Wiggy', a 'Bobby Comb-over', or a Toupee Tommy, keep grabbing that Male-Pattern Baldness hairline by the balls and buzz/shave it away,....you'll feel much better for it, once you've had the courage to do so....Your hair is just a very small insignificant percentage of you...'Remember It's always better to look bald, than balding...Keep it bald, keep it smooth.

Regards. Barry. :cool:

Last edited:
Welcome Pete. I'm kind of looking at the head shaving posts now as I've been doing my hair with clippers, grading from #4 to no guard myself for years. The old spam doughnut is getting bigger and its only the fact I like my sideburns that stops me from going the full Yul Brynner. At some point i may just "make it so".

Welcome Pete. I'm kind of looking at the head shaving posts now as I've been doing my hair with clippers, grading from #4 to no guard myself for years. The old spam doughnut is getting bigger and its only the fact I like my sideburns that stops me from going the full Yul Brynner. At some point i may just "make it so".
For me, it was so liberating I can’t believe how good it feels just got to own it!

Welcome to TSR.

Hello there,

A great introduction to the forum Pete.

Every one who is balding can relate to your posting...

I'm a head/dome head shaver too when I first started to shave my head I used my hair clippers each week on "no guard" and gave myself a buzz-cut "all year round and once a month i done a full dome/head shave I like the "follically challenged look", it also saves me a fortune on hair products. Now I don't bother with my hair clippers I just do a full dome/head shave with a DE, SE/ Injector razor once a week in the colder months and recently twice a week since the weather is getting warmer.

Injector razors are now my preferred shaving tools for my head/dome shaves. Before I had the shaving confidence & technique I used a Gillette Guard which I still add to my razor rotation it's the only cartridge razor I still use with excellent results.

It was my Turkish barber who encouraged me to buy a pair of hair clippers, and buzz-cut myself...I started on a no.1 for while then by mistake i forgot to put the guard on and used "no guard" which to be honest was near the same...I done this for 3.5 years now and never went back.

I've commented on hair loss many times, and like every man ,i admit i did try to fight my hair loss for years, but my advice to anyone once it starts to go '"let it go!!"...A close mate of mine actually grew a ponytail to try and hide his baldness, which looked even worse, I asked him "When you lift a ponytail up, what do you see?.."..You see an arsehole!....On a serious note, I find It's stupidly pointless IMHO been a 'Walter Wiggy', a 'Bobby Comb-over', or a Toupee Tommy, keep grabbing that Male-Pattern Baldness hairline by the balls and buzz/shave it away,....you'll feel much better for it, once you've had the courage to do so....Your hair is just a very small insignificant percentage of you...'Remember It's always better to look bald, than balding...Keep it bald, keep it smooth.

Regards. Barry. :cool:
Thank you for the wonderful reply.

Yeah I never have attempted any kind of cover up. I knew a couple of guys at work who looked like they were the guy in the Hamlet ad from years ago. I keep mine very short and have done for decades even before I started to thin out in late 40s but just enough so my sideys aren't on their own, cos that might look pretty wild.

welcome, Pete and congratulations on the new hair style and deciding to make it deliberate. hope it continues to feel great

welcome kanye west GIF

Back
Top Bottom