New to DE razors

I recall seeing that video at the time and wondering why he was experiencing the problem initially, as I always hold DE razors with the handle more than 45 degrees from the face (closer to 60 degrees with some razors, in fact).

I recall seeing that video at the time and wondering why he was experiencing the problem initially, as I always hold DE razors with the handle more than 45 degrees from the face (closer to 60 degrees with some razors, in fact).

DO NOT LET @Fergiebilly SEE THAT POST! ANY MORE THAN 3 USES OF A DE BLADE WILL INCUR THE WRATH OF THE KILTED COMMANDO!

Tonight I've changed two variables:
- one was the DR Harris Arlington cream - the citrusy, lemony smell doesn't do it for me. It even reminds me of detergent. Soaps are much more slick and I prefer them.
- the second was the blade - BIC chrome platinum (yellow pack) - they were smooth, but gave me irritation on the neck from the very first pass and plenty of weepers. I will not give this blade a second chance even if it gets better after the first use. It was very similar to a BIC disposable cartridge that I've used once many years ago.
The aftershave balm stung quite a bit. Overall an unpleasant experience.

A very nice DFS tonight using the Windsor soap and loading the 24C with a Gillette Silver Blue blade. Still minor weepers. Nice blade, I will get some more.
I've ordered another DE89 that I belive will find it's way to me.
I was really unlucky with my orders. My Maseto brush still hasn't been shipped and the seller did not answer my message. I will give it another week and cancel the order. And because one needs a boar brush too, I've ordered a Semogue 1305.
Looking forward to use the new razor, brush and soap samples.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Brand new shave today:
Brand new Saponificio Varesino Felce aromatica
Brand new Semogue 1305 brush
Brand new DE89 razor with a Wilkinson blade
Brand new alum block
Brand new L'Occitane Cade balm

[emoji3]
I begun breaking in the brush yesterday with some creams. I like the rockstar look. It is already a lot softer.
Felce aromatica loaded easily and then I face lathered. I think that bowl lathering is easier for me. The lather was full of water, but pastey enough to clog the razor. I will work on it.
The razor is great! So easy to work with! The angle is different then what I am used to. Because it felt so easy I got cocky and didn't take my time. I rushed a little bit for no reason at all. The result: weepers and razor burn.
The alum stang a bit, but it was ok.
The Cade balm is great!
It would have been BBS if I would have taken my time. Lesson learned.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I did exactly the same when I got my DE89. Lovely razor though eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Edwin J heads are the same as Mùhle heads. A test by the Independent newspaper, rated the Mùhle Kosmos on par with the Feather ! Try your EJ with a Gillette silver blue blade. Very close and smooth.