New razors arriving. Stick with current blades or change?

As per the title really! I'm currently using a 1920s open comb with astra platinum blades which I like. I've got a 50s tech and some sort of 70s East German arriving today and wondered if I should stick with the astras or try something else?

Is it probably a better idea to stick with the same blade so I can tell the differences between the razors before trying out the others I have?

Cheers!
Dan

Follow your own advice Dan. ;)

It is probably a better idea to stick with the same blade so you can tell the differences between the razors before trying out the others you have.

The Astra's are good blades, sharp yet smooth. They'll be a good benchmark for the two razors that you've got incoming. You may need a sharper blade in the Tech, like a Feather or Superthin, but you won't know until you've shaved with it.

Thanks - I do like the astras. I tried Supermax stainless before that and didn't get on with those at all. I've got some feathers as well for when I get up the nerve :).

Thanks for the reply!

You answered your own question Dan. When trying something new its always best to keep the varables down to a minimum so as to get a better comparison between, in this case razors.

I include software in this also, when comparing two razors use the same soap/cream/prep etc.

Back
Top Bottom