new pre-shave routine

ChrisC said:
Not for everybody BUT it works a treat. 15 mile ride on my pushbike working up a sweat, hot shower and a very smooth comfy shave to follow!

That sounds great, but how are we all going to fit on your bike?

ChrisC said:
Not for everybody BUT it works a treat. 15 mile ride on my pushbike working up a sweat, hot shower and a very smooth comfy shave to follow!
Completely agree, the shave after working up a good sweat is great.

My regular Wednesday ride is 16 miles and on Sundays I head out with a cycling club and normally do anything between 30 and 50 miles and in the week I get several martial arts sessions, that said I'm sometimes literally too weak to shave directly after a particularly harsh session.

joe mcclaine said:
ChrisC said:

That sounds great, but how are we all going to fit on your bike?

snagette...we'll have to operate a relay system...

I shave on sundays after a bike ride. This time of year though my face isnt getting sweaty, often its freezing :shock:
Weedays i do 20-25miles a day, then 60+miles on sunday(can be more if we go Derbyshire)
I had to wait a while for my face to warm up today before shaving :shock:
I wouldnt even attempt a shave after a TT or really hard session though, just lifting an arm can be quite hard.
Come on summer :cool:

TT! respect....might end up with an ear on the floor trying to use a straight after that. :)
I'm just back from a steady 10 mile pootle this am, relaxed now.
Did have a couple of hours at Manchester velodrome the other weekend tho, great fun!

ChrisC said:
TT! respect....might end up with an ear on the floor trying to use a straight after that. :)
I'm just back from a steady 10 mile pootle this am, relaxed now.
Did have a couple of hours at Manchester velodrome the other weekend tho, great fun!

I really want to ride in a velodrome. Im a fixed rider on the road, even TT on fixed!!
Its going for a ride in Derbyshire that can kill you aswell. Its amazing how much you use your arms on fixed when going up a hill compared to riding on gears.
How did you go on with fixed on the velodrome?

I loved it. Never ridden fixed before but quickly got used to it. Geared at 50 /16. Amazing how much work you do to stay on the banking and then 'coast' down the straights in comparison.
Did basics to start, then lumps and bumps, going up and down the banking to get the idea, then pursuit and finally standing start 250m timed laps.
After one pull at the front in the pursuit I was so bolloxed coming off the bank to rejoin the tail I tried to stop pedalling...never kicked myself up the arse before...

ChrisC said:
I loved it. Never ridden fixed before but quickly got used to it. Geared at 50 /16. Amazing how much work you do to stay on the banking and then 'coast' down the straights in comparison.
Did basics to start, then lumps and bumps, going up and down the banking to get the idea, then pursuit and finally standing start 250m timed laps.
After one pull at the front in the pursuit I was so bolloxed coming off the bank to rejoin the tail I tried to stop pedalling...never kicked myself up the arse before...

They dont gear you very high do they? Last year i TTed on 48/13, about a 97" gear, going by yours you had a 84" on. Not bad for a start though.
Yeh, you do get a 'subtle' reminder about you being on fixed. I did it a few times when i frist started to ride fixed, had the back wheel come up in the air one time but held it. Once you get used to it you can ride them well. Its when you go back onto gears that you get a wierd feeling. Thats when you try to leg brake to find out it doesnt work, or you want to freewheel but your brain is telling you not to! :lol:
Theres a track near me, its got 4 courners though, no real banking. Been round it a few times on my own. Keep meaning to do the track league but id have to get a lift to it, which isnt the most easiest of things.

Damian Murphy said:
Which martial art ?

No Boab not Origami that's a herb isn't it oh no that oregano. :lol:

What I do is based on Tae Kwon Do but my instructor has studied Mauy Thai, Wing Tzung Kung Fu, Jujitsu, Escrima and Filipino arts so teaches us a mix. One class a week is pure MMA (cage fighting style) stuff and I'm sporting a heavily bruised elbow after one of the lads tried (successfully) to get out of an arm lock by picking me up and slamming me down on the mat :eek: Not bad considering I'm 12.5 stone :lol:

All good fun but hard work too.

I used to do Judo when I was at school so had a little background in that anyway 2 of our guys are taking part in a "semi pro" cage fight in a few months time so need the full on practice. One of them is a rower and is strong as an ox, his technique needs work but his sheer strength compensates for much of that, when his technique is sorted he'll be scarily good.

Back
Top Bottom