New Parker Adj. Injector!

Aaaaah , you've just made my decision a lot harder . I had in my mind that I would either order the Mercury progress 500 as it's on a special of £36 or Rockwell 6S as it's £86 . Now I have to throw this into the mix . Homer moment ‍

OP
Bogeyman
Injector? Meh!

o0D9ZAK.jpg

;)

Tried many many injectors from vintage to modern.
Must have bought and sold the Supply about 3 times.

I never managed to get a decent shave out of one.
My favourite AC blade is the Schick Proline, but even the injector version didn't work for me.

I've given up on injectors. Why bother when I can get amazing shaves from the RR Hawk V2 and V3?

Great photos & review here:

I like the idea of this, although I've already got about 15 injectors ranging from the Schick Magazine C2 to the first Supply version. It looks good, albeit not quite as fine a finish as some (but the photos may not do it justice).

I just wish the selection of injector blades was wider, and the general quality of them rather more consistently good. At the moment I'm using my Supply with a "first-out-of the-dispenser" white box Personna blade, and, unusually, it's as rough as the proverbial bear's a**e.
A shame that the cost of getting one to the UK is the usual deal-breaker, but I might go for one if ES or somebody imports them.

OP
Bogeyman
...I just wish the selection of injector blades was wider, and the general quality of them rather more consistently good. At the moment I'm using my Supply with a "first-out-of the-dispenser" white box Personna blade, and, unusually, it's as rough as the proverbial bear's a**e.
A shame that the cost of getting one to the UK is the usual deal-breaker, but I might go for one if ES or somebody imports them.

Fear not Ferrum for I have an assortment of NOS "Golden Age" injector blades as well as modern Personna, "Chick" and Proline B-20 blades and IMO the modern "Chick" is the best "all 'rounder" at the end of the day when you factor in that not only is it super smooth/sharp but the price as well. The B-20 may best it by a proverbial frog hair at most. Of course, my opinion is worth what you were charged. ;)

Fear not Ferrum for I have an assortment of NOS "Golden Age" injector blades as well as modern Personna, "Chick" and Proline B-20 blades and IMO the modern "Chick" is the best "all 'rounder" at the end of the day when you factor in that not only is it super smooth/sharp but the price as well. The B-20 may best it by a proverbial frog hair at most. Of course, my opinion is worth what you were charged. ;)
I've wanted to try a "Chick" but they're prohibitively expensive to buy in the UK (normally from the US).

I've got some of the "Chicks", and whilst my face doesn't bleed or smart when I use them, my wallet feels the pain as it haemorrhages.

OP
Bogeyman
More very interesting reviews are up at the link I provided. It appears this razor merely looks like a Pal, but in actuality copies the best traits of the Schick M. :unsure:

OP
Bogeyman
Well, it came today and first shave in the books. I did however change out the OEM Personna blade for "Chick" blade before commencing and checked out the fit, etc. Soap used Viking (from Iowa, USA).

I set it on "5" and had a perfect shave. This razor is IMHO a new & perfected Schick Model M version. It looks better, feels better & handles better as well. The one exception is that on "5" this razor is perhaps not quite as "aggressive" as the Schick on "7", but that is inconsequential unless you are looking for a hyper aggressive razor. For that you'd be better served with an old Schick E Model. I received a DFS in less than two passes (one WTG and an XTG touch up).

This razor has impressed me in this day & age of ultra expensive artisan DE & AC razors. I had a friend who bought a Supply injector when they came out, but for me it was simply not ergonomic and far too heavy. This Parker is nestled right in the "Goldilocks" zone where weight & nimbleness meet. This is THE razor to convert your buddies from their cartridge razors!! A perfect daily driver injector razor!! (y)

Top Bottom