New (old) razors ID help

Just picked up these 2 razors off of ebay.

The handles both look like a fat handled tech to me but I am not sure the heads match as one looks like a New (I think).

Can't find it on the razor database posted in this forum.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Razors.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 125
Hi,

I don't know what the open comb is, but there are 2 fat Tech handles and an early Tech head. You can tell it's an early Tech owing to the 'triangular' slots in it.

Ian

antdad said:
Any markings on the underneath of the open comb head, looks like an Old Type?

or a new improved?

If you are planning to do away with the hybrid razor, I'd be interested in the comb... I have a deluxe version of the New Improved in silver plate (with a fair amount of wear) that has a mangled comb...

antdad said:
Any markings on the underneath of the open comb head, looks like an Old Type?

I haven't got them yet, they are on their way from the US of A as we speak.

Here is a pic from the auction of the underneath of the open comb head:

Attachments

• razor 2.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 93
henkverhaar said:
or a new improved?

If you are planning to do away with the hybrid razor, I'd be interested in the comb... I have a deluxe version of the New Improved in silver plate (with a fair amount of wear) that has a mangled comb...

Sorry Henk, I bought these as users (I currently only own a new Feather Portable).

If however, I don't get on with it, I will let you know.

These turned up yesterday and I am in the process of giving them a good old clean up and polish.

They seem in pretty good condition at first glance, the Tech has a little brassing on the middle section but there appears to be very little else wrong with them. I do like the weight of them I must say.

For the price paid, it looks like I have a couple of very useable razors.

Back
Top Bottom