New member saying hello

HI everyone - I'm a new member and just wanted to introduce myself. It's great to see a UK based shaving forum, so I couldn't resist having a "look-see" - especially as I've met the very personable Colin in person and talked online to Audio. I'm really a straight (aka open or cut-throat) shaver, but there's many ways of achieving the same end, right?! Well, that's me done - except if anyone was wondering about using straights I'd be delighted to hear from you!

All the Best,
Neil

Welcome aboard Neil - I understand that you're the honemeister of choice (for those that embrace the romance & danger of the straight - I'm a wuss and keep talking myself out of it, usually because I get in to the frame of mind "I'll get one" and the next thing I read is "I've just got back from A&E after <xyz happened involving my straight razor>")... unless I got the wrong end of the stick. I'm sure lots of guys will be wanting to pick your brains :)

I think it would be fair to say that there are only a few members with straight experience here at the moment but I am waiting for mine to come back from the honers for my first attempt.
The more you talk about your'e experiences here the more interest it will generate, you are very welcome.

Hello and welcome, I have added a straight razor section for you guys who use them ;)

Thanks Antdad ( I guess I am that soldier) and Hunnymonster!

Well, I've found that I can do perfectly well without both ears and my nose was a bit long anyway, so I won't miss that! - Seriously, though, it isn't as hard as some make it sound - if it was, everyone before DEs and safety razors were invented would have had a beard. I believe in what Anthony Hopkins says - what one man can do another man can do. Simple as that. Besides, who hasn't got a sneaking admiration for dear old Swenny Todd. I'd give Mrs Lovetts pies a miss though...

Hey Neil

I am new to SR myself, just trying to get my technique down at the mo'. I will probably be asking for advise in the near future.

Rob

Hello Neil. Much kudos for using the straights! I too have too'd n froed with the idea for a while. sooner or later i will take the plunge for a second hand - Sheffield straight & a strop, to start out with.

Happy shaving man, Fozz

Back
Top Bottom