NEW Lea stick shaving soap with glycerin&lanolin added!

Yes, it's true! :icon_razz:

Spanish soap maker Lascaray has just presented a new re-formulated LEA shaving stick with these key ingredients added (and tallow as well!!):

IMG_5896-2.jpg

wwf0o1.jpg

at the same price of old stick: about 1,20-1,60 euros depending on the shop. Some spanish people are testing them and it's very promising! Much better than the old one in scent (stronger, clean and soapy like), foam quality and skin protection! A really good news because until now the old one only sucked compared with La Toja, hehe.

Although these days is difficult to find as production has just started, we hope that in some weeks it will be broadly avalaible in many supermarkets through Spain, as fast as the old stock will finish.

When it arrives to my city, I'll test and comment my impressions, for sure!

Cheers!

Pig Cat said:
cassia said:
I'll be watching this thread as well, wondering how the lather compares to other sticks that don't have a foaming agent added.

Which ingredient is the foaming agent in this stick?

Cocamide DEA, used as a surfactant (foaming agent) in shampoo and bodywash products.

cassia said:
Pig Cat said:
cassia said:
I'll be watching this thread as well, wondering how the lather compares to other sticks that don't have a foaming agent added.

Which ingredient is the foaming agent in this stick?

Cocamide DEA, used as a surfactant (foaming agent) in shampoo and bodywash products.
Thats interesting, I didn't know that........thanks for the info Cassia

My pleasure, Goldcrest-

I'm an obsessive label reader, it's been interesting to note which products contain surfactants and which don't. I havent decided whether or not to use them in my own products- they do the job of whipping up volume a bit faster but it does take away from the charm and simplicity of a pure soap (and extra elbow grease!)

cassia said:
My pleasure, Goldcrest-

I'm an obsessive label reader, it's been interesting to note which products contain surfactants and which don't. I havent decided whether or not to use them in my own products- they do the job of whipping up volume a bit faster but it does take away from the charm and simplicity of a pure soap (and extra elbow grease!)

I tend to read labels as well... but not being as knowledgeable as you in these things,I tend to look for key words...though now thanks to yourself I have a new ingredient on my list...

It will be interesting to see what you come up with, I personally prefer the simple approach, but maybe thats due to our soft Yorkshire water...very easy to build a luxurious lather..

I am still searching for my ideal soap scent............In my case something like the 1950's Yardley shaving soap my Grandfather used to use...........Ahh nostalgia

Got to say I didn't like Lea as much as La Toja when it was the previous formula, be interested to read the user's report when it comes along.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom