Razor: La Faulx AC SE
Blade: Schick Proline
Brush: Lutin Lightning/Badger
Soap: Areffa Steel Credo
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: Ethos Blood Orange SFS
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,559

This soap base with the bear tallow was why I placed another order and this is a nice bright scent. It's light but there to enjoy. It came with a slight animalistic note I've heard about with other artisans in the past and so left it sit lid off for a couple nights which cleared it out and left the pleasant scent it is fter the base scent wifted off. Nice easy lather that had everything needed to have a great shave. I especially like how cleanly it seems to rinse off when done.

1st run with the La Faux with a Schick Proline installed. Loading the blade was easy and no issues with it accepting a proline blade as some AC SE's do. I don't think the issue lies with the blades manufacturing stamps changing as some have eluded to and glad to see an SE razor that accepts these as many have it as a preferred blade. Drop onto the pins of the top cap and set the baseplate down onto it and thread the handle on. The titanium has a nice weight to it and comfortable on the skin. I found the shave to be mild feeling but got the job done. Looking forward to some more shaves with this new to the market razor now available made to order in a number of metals. Have a great day everyone !
4EbvSEB.jpg

PKDCLzd.jpg

Sunday February 12, 2023
Razor: La Faulx AC SE
Blade: Feather Pro SUPER
Brush: Trotter Black Locust/Oumo Badger
Soap: A&E NYC (1508.5 Project)
AS 2: A&E NYC
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,560

2nd shave with the La Faulx and this time I chose to amp it up a little with a Feather Pro Super blade which is wider and gives a little more exposure. This helped with the efficiency for me but maintained the smoothness and comfort. I do get a little drag from it and I'm not sure if it's the extra length on the baseplate or the relationship of the head designed angle versus the angle the blade is held. Either way this produced a very comfortable shave with a good efficiency. Not as good for me as some in efficiency but more comfortable than thise choices too. Looking forward to tomorrows shave and will clean and mail it off to Ali hopefully Monday. Have a great day everyone !
CWtm7vc.jpg

zRegmOu.jpg

Monday February 13, 2023
Razor: La Faulx AC SE by Atelier Durdan
Blade: Feather Pro SUPER
Brush: Sorrentino Orange Crush/Cashmere
Soap: B&M Nordost
AS 2: Ethos SFS Blood Orange
Fragrance: Amouage Sunshine Man EDP
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,561

Back