New Dovos

Just a quick question, I've just bought 3 new straights (still factory sealed) from Dovo from the invisible edge.

Are they likely to be shave ready or would it be a good idea to send them to Neil?

Sorry to ask this but I'm only just making the transition from DE to straight and I love it but got a long learning curve ahead of me methinks.

Many thanks

Matt

matt31 said:
Just a quick question, I've just bought 3 new straights (still factory sealed) from Dovo from the invisible edge.

Are they likely to be shave ready or would it be a good idea to send them to Neil?

Sorry to ask this but I'm only just making the transition from DE to straight and I love it but got a long learning curve ahead of me methinks.

Many thanks

Matt

Did you ask steve from the invisable edge not to open the boxes and hone the razors as have not looked in a while but was quite sure he used to open all boxes and hone the razors but would provide you with new seals if you asked and were giving to someone else so they looked brand new

I did not ask for the seals to be left intact but I suppose they could have been peeled off and stuck back on again as they are only sticky paper on metal so would peel off and stick back ok.

Edit: just looked at the website again and that is exactly what he says is done......oops sorry guys

Which model are these Matt? Please post your feedback when you can. Used to have Best Quality and Black Star in 5/8. The latter was quite hefty due to the scale while the BQ was lighter.

I went on a spending splurge and bought

1 black star with blue scales (not that the scale colour makes any difference to the shave lol)
1 'en vogue' with the ivory micarta scales
1 mammut (mammoth ivory scales)

all are 5/8.

I have not long started using a straight so am probably not the best person to review them at the moment (all I know is it is the way I want to shave!)

They are all beautiful razors, the mammut and the en vogue are heavier than the black star but are very well balanced

I can try to take pics if you want although I only have a 5Mpixel camera so it may not do them justice.

Back
Top Bottom