New brush: inspired by the Wee Scot!

I was going to have a go at a razor stand this lunchtime, but instead the latest batch of knots turned up - I couldn't resist the temptation and spent the allotted time on a brush that's actually for me! :lol:

Here's the little beauty - a 16mm Best Badger set in Box (a piece that Arrowhead sent me a while back that was too little for a full size brush!)

4580792283_c10df5740d.jpg

Next to a 24mm Finest for comparison:

4580792085_76912effcf.jpg

Height 80mm
Loft 40mm

It's rare to see such tiny brushes, the knot was originally intended to go in a travel tube brush, but it was just too nice to use in such a functional setting. I'm hoping the knot performs well, as I've heard good things about the Simpson equivalent and it really seems like a unique addition to my collection.

Will let you all know how it performs once I've got it glued and cured!

Chris

p.s. here's a gratuitous shot of the rest of today's order:

4580792677_7b98acb19e.jpg

Very nice.

I've got a small Simpson and it's a joy to use, esp. with a scuttle as it doesn't hold enough for three passes.

Sweet, though, and very cute.

Box is such a nice wood to work with and gives a very butterscotch-like colour, so it was a perfect match for the little knot :D

Thanks for the blank - after turning your brush I went out and bought a few pieces of box just to have in the pile.

Review - <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2971" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2971</a><!-- l -->

Back
Top Bottom