netflix recommendations

It will be interesting to see where the 2nd Season goes. In the crapper I'll wager. Nonetheless, it's the most interesting on Netflix. The usual crime dramas therein are just so much BS that usually glorify the thug life. Tom Hardy appears an idiot as the Krays. Then again, his script selections seem as if made by dart throws. :rolleyes:

i really enjoyed messiah. i was reading somewhere that there wont be a second series due to whats going on, a real shame as it was a great concept.

Just watched Tell Me Who I am - one of the best docu-films I have seen. Incredibly moving. The final act of the film is something else. Tough subject matter and moved me emotionally.

Hiya,

Not long ago I ran across a 16 episode Korean series called Prison Playbook (English subtitled) that offered some quite good writing and characters. Shows how things can go south pretty quick in life. By the last episode there's been a lot of encounters with all sorts and their back stories have already shown, so there's a lot of history that is addressed as well. Writing is consistently good with more than a few very moving moments.

Martin

watching “Away” and we're addicted. The characters and their flaws are really interesting and the acting is superb. Recommended.
I didn't notice it sucking me in but now I'm having withdrawal symptoms after watching the last episode a couple of days ago (I won't spoil the ending by mentioning the martians).

The way they tell stories from a range of different cultures reminded me a little of Sense8 which dialed that up to ten and did something really wonderful with its broad, inclusive take on humanity. And I'm a sucker for any half-decent sci-fi.

Hope there's a season 2.

Last edited:
Currently enjoying 'Misfits', a Channel 4 comedy drama series. There's 5 seasons. The first was okay, intriguing enough, the second better, third better still setting each episode up as self-contained. In many respects it developed much like 'Red Dwarf', which once a few seasons in became a life of its own. Characters change quite frequently, if you find yourself not loving some ...

Just finished The Social Dilemma on Netflix. A fascinating watch on how social media is being used to manipulate our lives and make companies billions of dollars. Pretty depressing, especially if you have kids but compelling viewing nonetheless.

Added to the list.

In many respects, big data is making consensus reality ... a reality. We all know the nature of reality is not the same for everybody - just ask for witnesses after an accident, all of whom tell a different tale. I saw a video recently where if you watch it thinking of one word, you'll hear the person say the word; think of the other word on the screen and you'll hear the person say that word. Reality is different each time it's run through.

So, consensus reality is simply that - an general agreement of reality. Who proposed all of the props the support that consensus is clearly being investigated in this series. Facts don't exist. Statements are proposed. It's never been more so than today when information is so plentiful and prevalent, we just don't know what to do with it all. That information can change, be adapted, even re-proposed as the exact opposite. Folks will believe it. Consensus reality is just a broad agreement supporting a constructed reality.

We are quite clearly in the Matrix, so to speak ...

Back
Top Bottom