netflix recommendations

Very much looking forward to 'The Last of Us' ... HBO, so on Sky/Now. Coming soon. Literally, days away.
I'm not. The producers requested that all the actors refrain from viewing the source material (the games) in order to not influence their acting.

In my experience, when the source material is left out in favor of artistic license, the video media suffers.

The Lord of the Rings tv series, The wheel of time series, the Witcher series, and the last few seasons of Game of Thrones are good examples of why that's a bad idea. Some people would add the Willow tv series to that list as well, but I actually thought they did a decent job with that so far.

Shadow & Bone is a good example of a TV series that is faithful to the source material and does it well.

Like music? Like album art work? This is a rattling good watch on Netflix about the Hipgnosis guys who created many of the most iconic album designs. @isaiah53 & @Digimonkey maybe of interest - Squaring the Circle

Just watched this tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it. Very interesting, some good stories but could have done without a self absorbed Noel Gallagher, he didn't really bring much to the party :D

Last night I finished Lilyhammer on Netflix. Highly recommend. A hoot. A New York mobster relocates to the Norwegian town as part of protection programme. The directing reminded me of the TV series Fargo if you like that sort of thing. Some excellent acting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom