Need your help please gents.

personally i think your creating a problem that dosent exist, trying to reinvent the wheel sort of speak.
I'm more than happy to pay p&p as long as it's reasonable.
what i won't do is buy one soap at £15-£20 from the states & then double it for shipping.
I know packaging can be a major problem for businesses but i think it's a world we live in.
i like my tubs/jars of soaps and couldn't see me buying anything other than what i would call the norm.

@James Riley great idea using flat plastic splash bottles that are letterbox friendly. If the plastic is recyclable (which you say this is the aim) then I don't see a problem.

As for the soap; have you considered sending it out in a pouch in a shredded form (the soap not the pouch )? That would mean the recipient would be able to squish the flaked soap into any container they happen to have regardless of size or shape.
I don't know if this is practical or would affect the soap itself. You would better know that than me.

Last edited:
...like the idea and creativity; it works for Hampshire Soaps and I appreciated letter box friendly packaging. I would also like the option of buying an empty or full branded tub and bottle and/or sticky labels, so that I could re-fill if I chose...

Even up to an inch could be packaged in a slimline box to fit through practically every letterbox. Think how BT do it with their Home Hubs.

Wickham's first Super Smooth were in very wide, slim tubs. I rather liked them:

ACtC-3cj-XoUoF3guAzn_dXHw51gSVqBU2Y2tRpGvvavGEigEDHQ4DDhQeqVNHDEm4FGL7J0hDK8cPtzpa10xOrKEkSJN4k1AEfBEejDHrICDhIu2hPrd4mFxMWvgULg5SMuSCR6EkPbqJj2kjtVPmUBsvN9Sw=s1200

^ these were over 6" wide and under 1" thick.

Frags and balms? Yeah, flask-like bottles.

I think you're there with your thinking but don't obsess too much about the large letter size. Unless you went for very slim bladders for flat packing liquid/balm there'd be no advantage. Also, remember that a large but thin surface is vulnerable to piercing, and that's not some thing you want with flammable liquids.

Think a little bigger, but still letterbox size.

Even up to an inch could be packaged in a slimline box to fit through practically every letterbox. Think how BT do it with their Home Hubs.

Wickham's first Super Smooth were in very wide, slim tubs. I rather liked them:

ACtC-3cj-XoUoF3guAzn_dXHw51gSVqBU2Y2tRpGvvavGEigEDHQ4DDhQeqVNHDEm4FGL7J0hDK8cPtzpa10xOrKEkSJN4k1AEfBEejDHrICDhIu2hPrd4mFxMWvgULg5SMuSCR6EkPbqJj2kjtVPmUBsvN9Sw=s1200

^ these were over 6" wide and under 1" thick.

Frags and balms? Yeah, flask-like bottles.

I think you're there with your thinking but don't obsess too much about the large letter size. Unless you went for very slim bladders for flat packing liquid/balm there'd be no advantage. Also, remember that a large but thin surface is vulnerable to piercing, and that's not some thing you want with flammable liquids.

Think a little bigger, but still letterbox size.
i like that idea however surely the sender will still be charged on weight ?

Just my two pence worth,
Personally I am happy to pay more for a quality product and nice packaging.
I am a sucker for a nice design on a tub and I know that I have brought things just because they look nice on my table etc.
So in short unless I am paying £20 postage to receive an item that I paid £4, I don't have a problem as I am used to it with other purchases not shave related.

Back
Top Bottom