Need your help please gents.

Need your help gents.

For years I've been trying to work out ways to package my soap in a way that allows me to send as a large letter as opposed to a parcel ie nothing can be thicker than 25mm.

To that end, I'm thinking about selling soap in heat seal foil pouches. This means they won't come in a tub.

I'm also considering changing the aftershave bottles as they won't fit in a package that size either. I've just received samples of these bottles. They're plastic and come in black or clear. These are 50mm but 100ml ones are available with the same thickness but other dimensions are larger.

The end goal is that I'm trying to reduce the cost to the consumer (you guys) which will allow me to charge less for shipping and may even allow me to reduce the cost of the soap for me to make, thus enabling me to reduce actual product cost to you.

If I can send in a large letter, you'll always get it through your door and no red card too!

Can I get your thoughts?

Thanks

James.

Last edited:
Need tour help gents.

For years I've been trying to work out ways to package my soap in a way that allows me to send as a large letter as opposed to a parcel ie nothing can be thicker than 25mm.

To that end, I'm thinking about selling soap in heat seal foil pouches. This means they won't come in a tub.

I'm also considering changing the aftershave bottles as they won't fit in a package that size either. I've just received samples of these bottles. They're plastic and come in black or clear. These are 50mm but 100ml ones are available with the same thickness but other dimensions are larger.

The end goal is that I'm trying to reduce the cost to the consumer (you guys) which will allow me to charge less for shipping and may even allow me to reduce the cost of the soap for me to make, thus enabling me to reduce actual product cost to you.

If I can send in a large letter, you'll always get it through your door and no red card too!

Can I get your thoughts?

Thanks

James.
Hi James, I think most of us have empty soap containers at hand and also 100ml glass bottles so I think it's a great idea, would you supply a label with the soap and splash?
You won't please everyone but saving cash is a big thing for a lot of us and being letterbox friendly is fantastic, as you say, no more red cards!
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Paul.

I've never had the pleasure of trying your soaps or your aftershaves. But I'd be happy if they fit through the letter box.
I think the black bottle looks better than the clear one personally.
Also just a thought, not sure if it would be cost effective but you could also offer discounts on returned bottles. So say over time I'd had 3 bottles of aftershave I could return the bottles to you for refilling and then only pay for the liquid not the bottle, thus saving more plastic waste on the planet. Just a thought.

Hi James, I think most of us have empty soap containers at hand and also 100ml glass bottles so I think it's a great idea, would you supply a label with the soap and splash?
You won't please everyone but saving cash is a big thing for a lot of us and being letterbox friendly is fantastic, as you say, no more red cards!
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Paul.
Thanks Paul.

I think the same. The splashes would have a sticker, as would the soap. If I could put the design on a business card and staple it to the pouch, I could make significant reductions in price. I could probably sell the same soap for about £9 in that case. But that's very rough. Don't take that price as golden yet.

And another image

Even though they're plastic? They have squirty nozzle thin
And another image

Even though they're plastic? They have squirty nozzle things (technical term!) In them
I would decant into a glass bottle but to get through the post at a cheaper price I don't see why not!

Paul.

I've never had the pleasure of trying your soaps or your aftershaves. But I'd be happy if they fit through the letter box.
Also just a thought, not sure if it would be cost effective but you could also offer discounts on returned bottles. So say over time I'd had 3 bottles of aftershave I could return the bottles to you for refilling and then only pay for the liquid not the bottle, thus saving more plastic waste on the planet. Just a thought.
Good point, the plastic issue.

P

Great thought, but there is added complication with this. I wouldn't want something that has been in someone's bathroom etc going through my lab, so it'd need cleaning, then probably a new label, etc. It's something I can think about for sure. Thank you.

Great thought, but there is added complication with this. I wouldn't want something that has been in someone's bathroom etc going through my lab, so it'd need cleaning, then probably a new label, etc. It's something I can think about for sure. Thank you.
Would a work top dishwasher be enough to clean them? I wasn't necessarily expecting the exact same bottle would be sent back to each of your customers. I understand your concern of keeping your lab clean though. Keep up the good work sir!

That is a good point that @CjH made, the soap pouches, great, it cuts down on plastic waste but the plastic bottles wouldn't address this issue, what about a pouch like some drinks come in, you know, with the straw? Something that could hold the splash untill you got it in the post and then was able to decant into your own glass bottle. Plastic free would be a big selling point in this day and age!
Just spitting ideas out here!

Paul.

That is a good point that @CjH made, the soap pouches, great, it cuts down on plastic waste but the plastic bottles wouldn't address this issue, what about a pouch like some drinks come in, you know, with the straw? Something that could hold the splash untill you got it in the post and then was able to decant into your own glass bottle. Plastic free would be a big selling point in this day and age!
Just spitting ideas out there!

Paul.
Or..... Or.....
Cardboard containers like the other type of drinks carton. Just flatter.

Would a work top dishwasher be enough to clean them? I wasn't necessarily expecting the exact same bottle would be sent back to each of your customers. I understand your concern of keeping your lab clean though. Keep up the good work sir!
Haha I didn't think about it that way. Derp!

I'd have to look Into how much the bottle costs vs the postage to return it. And I also am not making the same fragrances over at the moment. But I will take this into account. Thank you!

Just spitting ideas out here!

Paul.
I could do it In the same pouch as the soaps. However, I'd be a little worried about the integrity of the pouch in postage. Not a big deal if the soap one splits but not the case for the aftershave!

Back
Top Bottom