Nearly lost my lip!

First shave with a feather, and 3rd DE shave ever.

Love the blade it just glides through my hair without yanking, I still need to hold it a little softer I think though.

on my lip, which is alwayyss a problem, 3 little nics, I seemed to get them when I pulled my lips in, maybe it makes it a little too close for me?

New EJ Silver tip was awesome, could not believe the difference in the lather it created over my Man-u brush.

So, anyone have tips for my lip, or do you think I might have pressed a little hard and still picking up on my technique?

Thanks

I've been DE shaving for approx 3 months and still not brave enough to use a Feather blade. :D

I'd rather work on my technique before going in gung ho but i plan to buy a pack soon to try.

The way some people go on, you'd think it was like the difference between a butter knife and a samurai sword... :roll: In reality it's the difference between 8½ & 10 (where 1 is the least sharp razor blade on the market - not counting Lasers from Wilko, they're about -40 on the same scale)

You can do just as much damage (possibly more) with a less sharp blade if you're ham-fisted.

hunnymonster said:
The way some people go on, you'd think it was like the difference between a butter knife and a samurai sword... :roll: In reality it's the difference between 8½ & 10 (where 1 is the least sharp razor blade on the market - not counting Lasers from Wilko, they're about -40 on the same scale)

You can do just as much damage (possibly more) with a less sharp blade if you're ham-fisted.

I am doing next few weeks with the feathers and then gonna try the gillette 7 o clocks I have see what happens.

Tbh, I think I had a bit too much pressure in places as I ended up with one full line in my cheek! Need to figure out a different tech for my lip though

The tried and tested route is to pick a medium rated blade of which there are many and stick with it for a while until things comes together, there's good reason for this as you are discovering.

You don't need to pull on anything..just "tread" lightly..down..then right to left..then up again..touch up any more areas you may have missed..you can go one more pass up if you wish..i go 4 passes

B

Back
Top Bottom