Natural vegetable shaving soap, handmade in UK WITH PRICES!

Greetings Gentlemen,
I return refreshed and serene from my sojourn in the Emerald Isle; indeed so serene I have not taken (much) umbrage at some rather disparaging comments about 'home soapmakers' which have started littering the forum!
The four winners of the free samples, and another member who has purchased a bowl of my soap should hopefully be in a position to give you their views on the merits and/or demerits of my soap in the not too distant future; I will set up a topic in the Shaving Soap section later in the week inviting them to give their opinion, so if you're interested you can wait to hear what they have to say about it.
I attach details of the three shaving soaps I currently have on offer. If anyone is interested in ordinary bar soaps of this type (i.e. no synthetics added) PM me and I can send you details of those. They can be beneficial for people with sensitive skin and eczema. Or they can just be a part of reducing your toxic overload in a relatively painless way. Please note that the soap does not come in a box or fancy packaging - that's still a bit of a work in progress.
Well, I can't seem to attach this no matter how I try to save it so I'm pasting it below. Not sure if the links will work, if not you'll have to paste into browser. PM me if you're interested.
ROUND BARS £3.50, BOWLS £6.50 P & P TO UK BARS £1.62, BOWLS £2.14 1ST CLASS POST
WARM SPICE SHAVING SOAP
Round bar shaving soap 3” x 1”
[attachment=3]
(please note that the bar you receive will not have holes in it, this is a picture of defective bars I gave away as free samples on The Shaving Room). The colour is the result of the red clay.
Stainless steel bowls
[attachment=2]
Ingredients: Olive oil, water, coconut, sodium hydroxide, shea butter, palm oil, castor oil. Essential oils of lavender, nutmeg, lemongrass, cedarwood, cardamom, cinnamon leaf, fennel, ginger and peppermint. Bentonite clay, red clay, silk.
Smell: warm and spicy
Weight: round bars 100g. Bowls 200g net.

WOODY SHAVING SOAP
Bowls only,
[attachment=1] (yellow one on the right). There is no added colour, the colour being the result of using unrefined palm oil.
Ingredients: Olive oil, water, coconut, sodium hydroxide, shea butter, palm oil, castor oil. Essential oils of juniper berry, amyris, bergamot, clary sage, lavender and cedarwood. Bentonite clay and silk.
Smell: cedarwood mainly
Net weight: 200g

EUCALYPTUS SHAVING SOAP (vegan)
Bowls only,
[attachment=0](stainless steel bowl). No added colour, the pale green being the result of very green olive oil and the Bentonite.
Ingredients: Olive oil, water, coconut, sodium hydroxide, shea butter, palm oil, castor oil. Essential oils of eucalyptus, lavender, tea tree and lemon. Bentonite clay.
Smell: eucalyptus mainly, not a strong smell
Net weight: 200g

Mod edit for pictures :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 160
  • 2.jpg
  • 3.jpg
  • 4.jpg
Re: Natural all vegetable shaving soap, handmade in UK

Soapalchemist
"Disparaging remarks" A sign of definite acceptance on this site! We tend to be a bunch of cheeky b%^gers, in a somewhat gentlemanly fashion. I think your posts and contributions have been very informative, more than held your own.

Welcome aboard :p

Re: Natural all vegetable shaving soap, handmade in UK

I like the looks of those little steel bowls. Any discount for a group buy :lol:

Hi Boab,
I've now added the prices onto my post, as I appear to have omitted doing this originally. I'm not sure how a group buy works, but am always open to offers. :)

Hi Ollie. These are hard times indeed.........I may start work on the Rocket Lolly idea sometime this week....not sure how that will turn out. If you have any more ideas add them to the 'what colours and scents do you like?' thread. I've got enough there to keep me going for quite a while....although my vanilla infused olive oil is calling to me loudly to be experimented with.

soapalchemist said:
Hi Ollie. These are hard times indeed.........I may start work on the Rocket Lolly idea sometime this week....not sure how that will turn out. If you have any more ideas add them to the 'what colours and scents do you like?' thread. I've got enough there to keep me going for quite a while....although my vanilla infused olive oil is calling to me loudly to be experimented with.

Well now that the Rocket Lolly looks like it is taking off :? I have been inspired to show the world my interpretation of what it will one day look like. The chin is mine, as is the Semogue 1305 boar brush. The 'flavours' are open to suggestions, but I think strawberry should definitely be in there somewhere!!

Attachments

• Rocket Soap!.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 90
Pigcat...your chin looks strangely reminiscent of Desperate Dan's. I'll be lucky if I can get it to work in a bowl never mind on a stick.........comments on the appeal/ practicalities of glass bowls welcome - although I haven't actually got any glass bowls.

Hunny; sadly, I believe you.

I would probably break a glass bowl pretty quick.My 'work' surface in the bathroom is granite and with soapy hands I am prone to dropping things.Wooden bowls work well for me in that respect.In saying that I have a small ceramic bowl which I use and haven't broken yet!!....famous last words.How nice it would be if you could find someone to make you ceramic pots for the soap.Ones with a couple of ridges on the outside for grip.

Back
Top Bottom