Nanny's Soap

Hi all, I found in my shaving den a superb nannys neroli soap. On checking the company online I found it wasnt a million miles away from where I live.

On seeing their website, a large amount of hard soaps in particular were out of stock. I hope they had a great Xmas and there isnt an issue.

Not scare mongering I just wondered if anyone had issues getting these great soaps (imo).

Thanks and happy new year.

Mark

They've been out of shaving soap stock for some time. I'm not sure they'll come back in to the game.

Reminds me that I've got an unopened Moroccan Sands I must start using soon.

They're some of my favourite soaps, but I haven't bought any for a while. I think it's a "one woman" business, and if that is so, I've always been amazed at the wide range of soaps on offer. The website shows quite a number of soaps from the different lines as In Stock, and perhaps I'd better see what I need for the New Year.

Yes they did have some, I just wondered whether they had significantly reduced their lines...
I should think that may be the case. It would be possible to ask the proprietor, Sharon Baxter, if there is something in particular that you would like, that's not in stock. I'd certainly be worried if every shelf in the Nanny's cupboard were bare, as they are superb soaps.

Nanny's ... Crikey! That takes me back. Yeah, Sharon used to be quite a regular on here. I'm sure she'd be happy for a direct contact to see what's still available, or whether she'd be interested in making a fresh run of something. One of the first good home producers before "artisinal" was a thing.
I think that Nanny's were the first British-made quality soaps I bought, that were not from the usual UK big names (TOBS etc.). The next were Wickham's, and of course others have entered the artisanal market (and some since left it), which is great for giving us plenty to choose from, but not so good for the original makers. Add to our own makers the dazzling array of soaps from the USA and elsewhere, which were not readily available at one time, and it's a very competitive market.

Speaking personally, I have great respect for those principal suppliers of shaving requisites who do also stock UK artisanal soaps.

Back
Top Bottom