nanny's soap

Hi all,

I recently acquired a tub of Nanny's citrus zinger soap as it had good ratings. I tried it this morning and the lather was poor to non existent. If anyone on this site uses this soap can you give me some tips to get the best lather.

Yes. I believe that I had one of her single use samples of it. I don't remember a problem.
I've started to use a Suribachi as my shaving bowl. Hard soap and sticks I just rub around the bottom and sides soft soap and creams I use my fingers to spread the soap works really well.

clarkey3593 said:
Hi all,

I recently acquired a tub of Nanny's citrus zinger soap as it had good ratings. I tried it this morning and the lather was poor to non existent. If anyone on this site uses this soap can you give me some tips to get the best lather.

You used too much water... try wetting your face, smearing some of the soap on your face and then face lather using a brush that's no more than damp, adding water as necessary.

hunnymonster said:
clarkey3593 said:
Hi all,

You used too much water... try wetting your face, smearing some of the soap on your face and then face lather using a brush that's no more than damp, adding water as necessary.

How did you deduce this from his comments?

Most of the times it seems to be a problem like HunnyM says and with Nannys soaps you have to start a little drier and add water slower, I've found (but non the less, no less water in total though :)) ... and don't use hot water or a to hot scuttle, Nannys soaps don't like that.

As an aside. After reading this section I decided to use one of her soaps last evening. Ice and Spice. Used the Suribachi setting in a hot water bath and a badger. Nice lather came up right away. Not sure what happen to your mix?

Back
Top Bottom