Nanny's Neroli

Well I finally got to try Nanny's Neroli soap. She doesn't have this available very often ,probably due to the expense of the ingredients.
And I'm not sure wether I would class it as a soap or a cream..A soft soap I think.

This was entirely different to what I'd expected, I'd not knowingly sampled Neroli fragrance before, and the scent came as a bit of a surprise. I'd expected intense Orange blossom, but it smelled of.....What is it?....freshly cut Tomato stems?..the intense green scent of freshly cut foliage?...I think the nearest I can come to the initial scent, is the smell of freshly crushed leaves of the bitter Orange tree, rolled between the palms and the scent inhaled on a warm day...Very "Green" with just the distant hint of orange in the background.

In our soft Yorkshire water this soap lathers very quickly..a twenty second swirl around the Stainless steel tin (I just love those tins Sharon) with a very wet brush,produces tremendous amounts of very dense, luxurious lather.Far superior to any soap I've used before, and I've got quite a few I can tell you.
The lather is superior in my humble opinion to either Tabac or MWF, and it's a very gentle irritation free lather at that..

I don't get many poor shaves, except on the odd occasion when trying out new blades of doubtful pedigree..But I feel this soap will be perfect for that day after, when things are feeling a bit sore or delicate, Even more restoring and gentle than Tabac..which WAS my current go to soap for such occasions.

Do I like this soap?..Oh yes..the intense Green scent mellows nicely within seconds of rinsing off..and is replaced by one that is reminiscent of that lovely old barbers shop smell...The skin fells fresh, soft and completely irritation free....
This soap deserves to be used every day and yet has a feeling of "special occasion" about it. One of Sharon's more expensive offerings, but worth every penny for the performance alone.

And now the bad news....Nanny has sold out...But you can go on the waiting list to be notified when she makes some more.....

Very kind of you to say so Chris...The small samples from Nanny are a good start...as I find some of the "flavours" a little intense, Sandalwood for example is a bit too much for my taste...

I wonder where Lisa is these days?....she hasn't been on the forum for a while......hope we haven't upset her.

Thats good to hear Chris...I should hate to think we'd put her off making soap...I'm sure you'll keep us informed, as to how you get on if you contact her.

I sent an e-mail to Yardley last week, asking if they had any plans to resurrect their excellent shaving soap from the 1940's /50's in its original form.....Not had a reply as yet though......I really would love to be able to try that stuff, the scent has been firmly lodged in my brain for the last 50 years and more.......We can but live in hope.

Back
Top Bottom