name me some good gillette razors, bit confused

Long combs only and they’re quite smooth shavers. Not as mild as a modern Merkur open comb and more efficient but still not a shark. As to other Gillette NEW types, I cannot say due to lack of experience for the only other Gillette NEW I have tried was the silver plated #77 which was blatantly bitey.

I also have an English Minora NEW type somewhere which looks outwardly similar to the ‘7’ but the baseplate has little ‘T’ style slots to hold the blade in place and its significantly more aggressive. Too much for this pretty boy…:ROFLMAO:

Long combs only and they’re quite smooth shavers. Not as mild as a modern Merkur open comb and more efficient but still not a shark. I also have an English Minora NEW type somewhere which looks outwardly similar but the baseplate has little ‘T’ style slots to hold the blade in place and its significantly more aggressive. Too much for this pretty boy…
So you know my post with the pic of the two new long combs and two old gillettes, one of the gillettes old had crocked teeth, I was being gentle with a metal ruler listening to @pjgh advice and I ended up breaking the tooth and was like f*** this and threw it away lmao

Nah seriously I threw it away more because that was the one with the most damage and dirt etc even after a good scrub tbh

I want to get a short comb new gillette and would like to get the gillette toggle but I saw one one ebay the other day was like about £140 odd quid with like a fair few hours left till auction was over too

So you know my post with the pic of the two new long combs and two old gillettes, one of the gillettes old had crocked teeth, I was being gentle with a metal ruler listening to @pjgh advice and I ended up breaking the tooth and was like f*** this and threw it away lmao

Nah seriously I threw it away more because that was the one with the most damage and dirt etc even after a good scrub tbh

I want to get a short comb new gillette and would like to get the gillette toggle but I saw one one ebay the other day was like about £140 odd quid with like a fair few hours left till auction was over too
Toggle will be mega-bucks!

Yeah, bent teeth are a mess. Some razors respond to heating up first, like dunking in boiling water ... or use a butane lighter (crack torch). Bad luck!

Toggle will be mega-bucks!

Yeah, bent teeth are a mess. Some razors respond to heating up first, like dunking in boiling water ... or use a butane lighter (crack torch). Bad luck!
tbf I'm useless at messing with fragile small things, too heavy handed, clumsy and don't have the patience tbh lol

thought id give the gillette flare tip (silver) a wizz, literally got this ages ago but finally used i well disappointed just way too mild imho of course YMMV

Anyone got an idea how old this gillette razor and blades could be?

I was thinking late 80s or early 90s

IMG_20211110_123512.jpg

Check Mr Razor for more details, but yes… 1980s
1998 apparently

1998%20G1000%20England%20beschriftet%20Logo.jpg

checked out mr razor and been searching google on my phone can't seem to find the possible date for this tech

IMG_20211111_113516.jpg

"What's the date code?", is the obvious question. Look at the baseplate through the packaging and it'll show a letter and a number either side of the middle post, like X3. Ballpark? 1980s. The upright font used in the brand name was through the 1980s, while into the 1990s it became slanted.
apparently at a guess someone over @ B&B reckons its about 1970s due to the blade packaging

1970 (P4) Package 5 Gillette Platinum Stainless steel blades England.JPG

I don't think the diamond logo existed on '01, maybe not until '08.

View attachment 79948

Yeah, the signed scribble before the diamond. Also, I don't think the upright 1974-1989 is quite right as there were two distinct logos on the stamped Techs through the 1960s and 1970s, one like the 1964-1974 without the arrow and one more plain.

Back
Top Bottom