Name me some aggressive razors at reasonable prices pls

how does the yaqi helmet de razor compare to the muhle r41 or ikon tech?

whats the general consensus? just to give me an idea

Yeah a well honed SR certainly needs care, but a piece of metal on a hinge with half a DE blade sticking out in the wind is a whole different ball game.

OT but...
Some of these razors have some interesting names. "Helmet"? "Gentile"? Er yeah I was until I dropped it. I'll get my coat.

just wondering how does the fatio oc grande compare to the muhle r41?
I have the original R41s and the R41 GS stainless, which I like best of the R41 razors, and, of all the 41s, now use exclusively. I also have a Fatip Piccolo Special Edition, which, oddly, weighs more than the Grande by 4 grammes, but which has the same design of OC head.

In terms of "aggression", the Fatip is a pussycat, and the R41 is a tiger. I say this because I can pick up the Fatip and shave with it as nonchalantly as with any "mild" razor, but the R41 GS needs special attention.

I have no experience of it, but there is also the Fatip Lo Storto slant razor, which I think comes in both OC and CC versions. That may well be rather more aggressive, especially in the OC version, but I expect someone here has one and can comment, based on experience.

I have the original R41s and the R41 GS stainless, which I like best of the R41 razors, and, of all the 41s, now use exclusively. I also have a Fatip Piccolo Special Edition, which, oddly, weighs more than the Grande by 4 grammes, but which has the same design of OC head.

In terms of "aggression", the Fatip is a pussycat, and the R41 is a tiger. I say this because I can pick up the Fatip and shave with it as nonchalantly as with any "mild" razor, but the R41 GS needs special attention.

I have no experience of it, but there is also the Fatip Lo Storto slant razor, which I think comes in both OC and CC versions. That may well be rather more aggressive, especially in the OC version, but I expect someone here has one and can comment, based on experience.
I have the OC Lo Storto. It is an excellent razor. But I don’t recognise the term ‘agressive’ in razor terminology. For what it’s worth, it gives me an incredibly close, smooth shave; the same as my R41.

I prefer the term ‘efficiency’ when describing razor performance. More blade gap, more efficiency; less strokes per pass. Less gap, more strokes to get the same smooth result. OC or CC makes no difference, imo.

thats interesting to know, does the muhle r41 clog up at all?

ive got the fatip grande oc and fatip lo storto oc slant, i find them about the same in terms of aggression and effiency,
if anything id probably sway a bit more towards the fatip oc grande but saying that for what you get for the money theyre cracking razors imho YMMV of course

I have the OC Lo Storto. It is an excellent razor. But I don’t recognise the term ‘agressive’ in razor terminology. For what it’s worth, it gives me an incredibly close, smooth shave; the same as my R41.
interesting you find it to be about the same

i do love the fatip oc razors, never tried the closed comb fatip razors but i hear theyre much milder then the oc

thats interesting to know, does the muhle r41 clog up at all?

ive got the fatip grande oc and fatip lo storto oc slant, i find them about the same in terms of aggression and effiency,
if anything id probably sway a bit more towards the fatip oc grande but saying that for what you get for the money theyre cracking razors imho YMMV of course
The R41 doesn't seem to clog much, but, with any razor, I find that problem depends on the soap I'm using and how much whisker is being removed. As I shave daily, the latter doesn't figure much. The R41 is different to many OC razors, as it has a slot in the baseplate behind the combs, whilst the Fatip (and the Karve and several others in the rack here) have a plain baseplate behind the combs. In theory the slot should make it easier to clear and less liable to clogging, but I've never really investigated its effectiveness.

The Fatip CC is "mild", and I find it works best with a good sharp blade. I don't often use the CC.

Back
Top Bottom