Name me some aggressive razors at reasonable prices pls

D

Deleted member 12673

Hey people so just stumbled across the muhle r41, looks like a nice razor with a bit of bite

I'm open to all I don't discriminate lol
please name me some obviously had to be at a reasonable price

I'm still to try my fatip slant razor so still on the fence with slant razors until I actually get around to trying it

am i right in thinking the muhle r41 comes in both closed and open comb?

if so, id assume the open comb would be more aggressive, right?

Ps you should try the faTip Slant I tried it for the first time this morning, a great shave :)

am i right in thinking the muhle r41 comes in both closed and open comb?

No you are not right. R41's come in two variations. Open comb or........open comb.

Yes, they are aggressive but like every other aggressive razor only as much as the user allows.

I don't know where this idea comes from that all OC razors are aggressive. I can think of a few which are little fairies compared to their closed brethern

im going to create a wanted yaqi razor thread, so which yaqi razorsx are the most aggressive?

from what i understand, yaqi helmet, yaqi beast, anymore?

No you are not right. R41's come in two variations. Open comb or........open comb.

Yes, they are aggressive but like every other aggressive razor only as much as the user allows.

I don't know where this idea comes from that all OC razors are aggressive. I can think of a few which are little fairies compared to their closed brethern
yea i hear you, tbh imo i do think theres a certain degree of scaremongering within the wet shaving community as it like ohh dont get a feather too sharp for newbie etc etc but to me i say go all in, and learn as you go along tbh

I know they get classified as Open Comb, but I don’t get it. To me, they’re closed comb. There’s no gap between the teeth. It is a unique comb variation though. You’re right about the relationship between open comb and ‘aggression’. For me, it’s blade gap/exposure that determines the assertiveness of the cutlery. Hence Slim Adjustables/Fatboys etc. on settings 1-9. The Merkur 1904 is an OC and it’s milder than a mild thing.

Last edited:
Aggressive you say? This one looks like a beauty in that department - Stirling hyper aggressive head.

I wouldn’t mind giving it a try myself. Looks like if it bites, it could take a chunk out of your face without much problem

That Stirling looks a cracker! To me, visually, the difference between standards and aggressive heads isn't usually that noticeable, but even just flicking between the standard and hyper aggressive it looks like you could park a bus in the gap!

That Stirling looks a cracker! To me, visually, the difference between standards and aggressive heads isn't usually that noticeable, but even just flicking between the standard and hyper aggressive it looks like you could park a bus in the gap!
Yep! It borderline looks scary… is it bad that I want it? :D

Back
Top Bottom