My Semogue 830

Well it arrived... 3-4 days after I placed the order.

I have to say, the brush is very nicely put together, the handle is nice in the hand and adds a nice weight to the brush. The sticky label was not fully stuck down but this is a new production line and this will probably be sorted out soon [I re-positioned and re-applied my label - but it doesn't bother me anyway]

The bristles are stiff but the ends quite soft. It didn't have a pungent smell, but enough to make you think "I need to wash this"
I ran it under a hot tap and decided that I would break-it-in on a puck of MWF. The resultant lather was GREY.. the following day, the soap was actually discoloured. Putting this aside, the brush is well made, has only shed two bristles.

I think this brush is going to take some time to break-in. But in regards its construction - second to one.

Nice one Guy.

My 2009 LE leeched dye from the bristles for 2-3 practice lathers. I believe it is from the sketching. I am interested to hear how it works out for you as I need a new brush :roll:

Mine got last week and I have only used it once since then..however Im tryly impress about the handle and the softness of the bristles.This is gonnas be a new Semogue winner.

Shaved with it today and the tips are already broken and so soft!!!So far its not a lather hog,but I need to try it more times to be fully sure of this.In todays shave made lather for 4 or 5 passes easily.

Well I have used my 830 exclusively for approaching two weeks now ~ in real terms it is a lot more than that as I spent the first two days soaping and exercising the brush every couple of hours.

It looks rather ragged now, but the brush has just started to hold onto lather more and I can now get two really good passes [and a mediocre third].
The brush is very nice and is an excellent size. It is different to my Omega 31064 and arguably better sized.

A bargain brush - don't hesitate in your purchasing decision!

Teiste said:
Shaved with it today and the tips are already broken and so soft!!!So far its not a lather hog,but I need to try it more times to be fully sure of this.In todays shave made lather for 4 or 5 passes easily.

Teiste are you mixing this in a bowl or saying that your brush holds enough lather for 5 passes?

Boab said:
Teiste said:

Teiste are you mixing this in a bowl or saying that your brush holds enough lather for 5 passes?
Im a hard die face latherer so no bowl involve in this.In todays shave I can say that the brush hold water for 4 passes (I did 3 today) with the Boots shavestick.

Back
Top Bottom