My restored W&B

I bought on ebay a razor: Wade & Butcher, "The Celebrated, Fine India Steel". It looked very bad, I plain to restore it, but I needed a professional to do the job. I know that there are a lot of well known professionals of the razor restoration, I look for advice by sending a message to some people (thanks to all) , they mention the well known craftmans that have rescaled, restored and worked with a lot of razors that you can see in some posts across the forum.

Finally I follow the Ralfy's advice and I send the razor to Ray at http://www.straightrazorsharp.com . And I waited his answer about this razor, I didn't expect very much because the razor was truly damaged.

wb.png

Ray send me some pics, and start to study the razor, and calculate if it would be possible to get it restored.

Before

bladebefore1.jpg

bladebefore2.jpg

bladebefore3.jpg

bladebefore4.jpg

bladebeforescales1.jpg

bladebeforescales2.jpg

bladebeforescales3.jpg

bladebeforejinps1.jpg

bladebeforejinps2.jpg

Finally he started the work and ...

After

sidepolished3.jpg

sidepolished2.jpg

sidepolished1.jpg

reflectionofpolishedside.jpg

The scales were not able to use, and a new set was needed, I prefer the natural Horn, Ray too, and well he start the rescaling task.

In the middle of the restoration Ray has been affected by a health problem, this was an inconvenient, and the work was stopped for days but when he was happily recovered, the process continued.

DSCF0544.jpg

DSCF0545.jpg

The blade before rescaling

DSCF0546.jpg

DSCF0547.jpg

DSCF0548.jpg

At the end, the razor was restored

DSCF0549.jpg

DSCF0550.jpg

DSCF0551.jpg

I taken some pics when the razor arrived to Paternain:

PA130976.jpg

The wooden box, a nice detail

PA130977.jpg

PA130979.jpg

The finish of the scales is excellent and the pins and washers give it a "vintage" look that I like

PA130980.jpg

The blade has some traces of stain (water stain) yet, but I think that if more polish is done it may be possible to remove more steel that I want.

PA130981.jpg

PA130983.jpg

PA130984.jpg

Very satisfied to have this razor at home.

Back
Top Bottom