My own mix

I take a Palmolive stick and a Wilkinson soap (in the blue tub), grate them together with a cheese grater and press them into a shaving mug.

Very cheap and very creamy. I love it.

Good idea!I have only mixed to Creightons creams NG and TBS but you gave me an idea to mixed two soaps that I have around....

I could see this as a way to 'rescue' poor-lathering but nicely scented soaps that you'd rather not discard. The Palmolive lathers really well, so perhaps you could keep it to 20% or so of the mix so that its mild fragrance doesn't compete with the other soap's.

On a tangent, I make nice shower gels last longer by using a neutral soap on my shower puff to get a lather then adding a small amount of the gel.

As Pig Cat suggested do you do it because you prefer the scent if the Wilkinson Sword to the Palmolive?

I tried something similar with some Erasmic and nicely scented L'occitane hand soap but I just ruined both.

antdad said:
As Pig Cat suggested do you do it because you prefer the scent if the Wilkinson Sword to the Palmolive?

I prefer the scent of the Palmolive.

The mixture seems to make the Palmolive Soap as rich and creamy as the Palmolive Cream - or maybe more creamy.

Is the Wilkinson Soap a glycerine soap?

Maybe my mix produces something similar to Mantic's Superlather technique?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N0C1cLELQo[/youtube]

Labarum said:
I take a Palmolive stick and a Wilkinson soap (in the blue tub), grate them together with a cheese grater and press them into a shaving mug.

Very cheap and very creamy. I love it.

I have both of these sitting doing nothing...hhhmmm perhaps an experiment for the weekend. I might wait and make a shave stick with it. I am nearly finished the QED stick so will have an empty container soon although the QED seems to keep going and going.

Audiolab said:
I might wait and make a shave stick with it.

The Wilkinson soap is very soft, and so is the resulting mix. I would be surprised if it would be firm enough for a shave stick, but let us know how you get on.

hunnymonster said:
I despised the Wilkinson Blue Bowl stuff so much that it's now relegated to my toolbox for when you need some soap on a screw to get it in a tight spot. Works very well for that.

Yes, it's a nice soft soap, it would work well for that.

If you like the Palmolive Cream, try my mix.

Just mixed some up in a stainless steel bowl, made the lather directly on the soap it takes quite a bit of water to get it going but the lather is amazing !!!!

Think i will use this for a while as my regular soap....

Thanks for the tip Labarum......

Steve

is this best done 50\50 weight wise or one stick to one bowl?

sorry for asking a stupid question but i'm a broken down fitter and that's the way my mind works. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom