My first SE shave

I picked up what looks like a mint Ever Ready 1912 for 6.50 from the bay. Even had an unmarked Bakelite box and the original blades (carbon steel and sadly rusted).

Loaded in a gem, mixed up some Ingrams with a EJ silvertip and started WTG. I think the 1912 is a great learning tool because you can really hear it slicing those hairs when the angle is right. I let my concentration lapse for a moment and the 1912 punished me with a nice cut in the centre o my chin.

I tried some ATG on the sides of my face, but left the rest until I get more practice with the 1912.

As long as you don't take liberties, it gives a very nice irritation free shave. In many ways it's easier to use than a DE because the angle is much easier to find. On the other hand, get the angle wrong and it lets you know quickly and somewhat painfully!

Considering the ease of use, great results and dirt cheap price; I highly recommend trying one.

Well done.
I still nick my chin from time to time when I don't concentrate well. Found a small nick on my nose this morning.
I would suggest you avoid the ATG pass for a while, as tempting as it is to want a BBS shave. You will find you first two passes become much better over time because of this. I did when I stopped aiming for BBS, my first 2 passes became much better to the point a third pass is not needed, maybe in a few touch-up areas only.

Back
Top Bottom