My first foto post as a newbie

ekeko

Chocoholic
Supporter
So as promised here’s my first pic. I bought these three together probably in the 80s from an antique shop.
the observant among you will notice the brush has been debristled, my first renovation project, new badger knot to be installed today. The shaving bowl (which I now use) with cute flowers and razor (bone handle? which I’m now honing) are unbranded but I’m guessing early 20th C?
The brush has a number 40 stamp, anyone?
I thought I’d start with this set as it demonstrates how three old objects that I used to think of as display curios are now being brought back to life, and I’m enjoying the experience to boot!
more pics to follow.

6107D543-0966-45D0-8616-58E05B695D51.jpeg

I had an Addis brush of that shape, so guessing it was sold through a number of brands.

Strong chance that yours was/is a Culmak:

s-l800.jpg

I think I can see some space where the logo was on your. Perhaps in stronger light it will reveal its secrets?

Careful not to use hot water or steam as part of the renovation as the butterscotch will bleach. Same with strong soaps. Maybe enjoy the age patina and just pop a new knot into it.

I fitted a new bristle knot and used the brush this morning. I noticed that the butterscotch has started to leak out :-(.

So as promised here’s my first pic. I bought these three together probably in the 80s from an antique shop.
the observant among you will notice the brush has been debristled, my first renovation project, new badger knot to be installed today. The shaving bowl (which I now use) with cute flowers and razor (bone handle? which I’m now honing) are unbranded but I’m guessing early 20th C?
The brush has a number 40 stamp, anyone?
I thought I’d start with this set as it demonstrates how three old objects that I used to think of as display curios are now being brought back to life, and I’m enjoying the experience to boot!
more pics to follow.

View attachment 89204
A7C7D0D8-E13E-4268-A31B-19A5B0F1AC34.jpeg
so, here fitted a new badger bristle. Used it and seems the butterscotch colour is showing a dullness, maybe shaving soap? Or just patina.

Super! New life for an old brush. Get it used and enjoy it!

Given that it will get covered in shaving soap without issue to the butterscotch, you could take the opportunity to give a gentle brushing around the ridge. Perhaps use a soaked cocktail stick to pick out any badly adhered scum. Soaked, so as the wood softens.

Back
Top Bottom