My collection's razors (Aldebaran razors)

file.php

Straight razor Acier Fondu,Sheffield 1820-1830

file.php

PioIX Caudano Bohler

file.php

Palmera

Pinin Mastro Livi

file.php

Forged by Camillo Silvano Grandfather in 1920.This Saturday i will go to Alessandria (Italy)near Torino, Piemonte for forging lesson about damasteel.
I received this present from Mastro Livi for my work about his stropping past .

file.php

Luna Solingen

file.php

img1107gv.th.jpg

Filarmonica Novodur

file.php

Puma

file.php

Erik Anton Berg

In the picture there is also the book about shaeffield steel that i learn.It was printed in 1930.

Filarmonica Imperial

file.php

In the picture you can see the book about atomic phisics of Enrico Persico (the student of Enrico Fermi).

Gotta

file.php

In the picture you can see also "Zilphia Gant" a very rare book written by Faulkner

Le dandy 6/8

file.php

Wapienica

file.php

I find that wapienica is forged by sheffield silver steel (in the same time in sheffield forged iron for roial navy.

Veloce solingen that i repair

file.php

Kama Solingen
file.php

Palmera scissor

file.php

Safety razor Gillette and Josmon Past

file.php

Escher stone

file.php

Antoni Tadross and kai stone

file.php

Tadross Antoni was born in 1865, immigrated to the U.S., coming from the Ottoman Empire, now known as Lebanon, in 1890 he settled in Brooklyn NY. He became an entrepreneur in the construction industry. In early 1900 he was elected sheriff of Bay Ridge (Brooklyn). Then he dedicated 'to the trade, imports from Germany a free hand razors, prayer books and rugs from the Middle East.
Die early age' of 52 years and luckily his wife was able 'to keep her 8 children with the wealth he has accumulated over the years.

Roca
file.php

he cutlery Roca is a company specializing in cutting tools of high quality. Among its more than 9,000 articles is not hard to find a tool that fits every occasion. There are knives, scissors and knives, professional and collectibles, items for personal care, household, adventure and, above all, free-hand razor. The steel companies comes from Solingen.

Steel imports in fact came from the best steel europeee: Herbertz, Henckels, Dreizack, Dovo, Germany Dreitrum; Laguiole of France; Victorinox Swiss, Omega Italy, oFiskars, Finland.

Brand created in 1911 by Ramon Roca, the activity 'has been run by the members of this family until 2000.In the following factory' was administered by other companies.

Ramon Roca open 'shop in Carrer Sant Josep Oriol in Barcelona in 1911 but in 1916 he moved to the Plaza del Pi in Barcelona and has changed its name to Ganiveteria Rock.
In 1918, Ramon Roca died 'for the Spanish flu epidemic took over the company and his brother Josep Roca.

Carl Rader Solingen 1932

file.php

Ambossmann

file.php

Filarmonica 13

file.php

Wow! You´ve got many very nice and sought after razors, for sure by me anyway :D :hungrig. I really like your Acier Fondu, but I tohught they where french? I could be wrong though, my wife keeps telling me that anyway :lol:. I´ve got one stubb tail (not correct scales though and with Neil at the moment, but she´ll be home soon :D), se pic.

Thanks for the look and it must be nice to know Master Livi, a good source for knowledge and and many nice blades :D
P121001231280x1226.jpg

Thank you for all,
Acier fondu is in cast steel ,this technic was finded in Sheffield i will write something about this in this forum.
I know Mastro Livi because i did a sort of work for him,he is a very smile pearson but i think that his razor in ats-34 it's really better .
Ats-34 inox and 440C (friodur henckels) are better for straight razor because they don't take rust and are very queackly to hone and for his bevel tenacious.
Sorry i don't speak very well technical english and scientific english.

The term "acier fondu" itself is certainly french.

It is nothing else than cast steel - that is very low carbon steel melted in a crucible and poured into a cast - the fact that a crucible is used gives its other english name - crucible steel

The interesting fact is that although it was an englishman that discovered the (modern) process, some early users stamped their products "acier fondu" instead of the more usual "cast steel" - at the moment I can only think of one english knife maker who used the term acier fondu - Staniforth, Parkin & Co, but they ceased trading in 1800. Which isn't the same as saying, as some do, that acier fondu was the generic term used up until the 1820s, as there are plenty of examples of it being used by toolmakers, knife makers, gunsmiths, etc right up to the beginning of the next century (I can recall one example from 1890, but there may well be later ones).

The technique was not really discovered by Benjamin Huntsman - it had been used centuries earlier by others, what Huntsman discovered around 1740 was a new technique to make the same product. He was originally a clock-maker from Lincoln who moved to Sheffield. The reason was the ease of getting coke in Sheffield, needed to fuel his furnaces. When he started production he tried to sell the product to Sheffield cutlers, but they were not having any of it, preferring to stick with the old material. Guess where he found a ready market? France.

Hence the use of the french term. Gentlemen, I rest my case...

Regards,
Neil

Back
Top Bottom