MWF v Kent - User experiences

Whilst reading the MWF thread i saw someone posted they had a different experience with Kent than they did with MWF.

I just wondered if this was similar for other users, ie others prefer one over the other for performance reasons?

Are the scents/formulations any different?

:oops: Think my bad experiance with the kent soap was down to being a newbie and bad technique...Used mwf and kent this week and both same results..

Ok, my MWF arrived this morning, Never used it before, gonna give it a whirl tonight, what is the general consensus on this then, what is the best way for lather with this baby ?

I'm with Nic NPinn on this one Steve. Face lather & it has always seemed to me to be a soap which likes a whole lot of water on the surface of the soap, rather than a really wet brush. Some recomend running some hot water on to the surface of the puck, leaving for a couple of minutes, then draining the water off & then lathering up. I've never had to do that, however I have found that it seems to give of its best when it's used for two or three days consecutively. I think you'll like it M8.
Time that Mergress got some quality suds to work with.

JohnnyO. :shave

JohnnyO said:
Yeah, I'm in love with the one I got from you already Nic. Sunster has one also, so I'm guessing he'll be as impressed as I have been.

JohnnyO. \ :D /

The Mergress is my tool of choice as i have got damn good shaves over the past three days, and it is a thing of beauty that looks soooooo nice in my bathroom !!

npinn001 said:
IMO, face lather. Its so easy to do that way and its the way the owner of the factory recommends doing it.

i have never used the MWF before, so before i put it on my chops i had a play around, i grated and pressed it into a glass bowl, then put a thin layer of water on the top for 5 mins, let my Vulfix boar soak, i tipped the water off the top of the soap then shook out some of the water from the brush, had a good few swirls on the MWF and just swirled it in my hand, well it produced a nice lather, that's slick, creamy and smells great !, read on shave my face that some people get a watery lather with lots of air, well mine was great, a little thin, but good creamy stuff.

so gonna follow this procedure and face lather tomorrow and see how it goes...

my hand smells nice and feels very soft

yummy stuff !

I had my first try tonight, and all went well but I found the lather had a tendancy to dry on my face before I'd finished each pass. That would indicate to me that it was too dry, but the lather consistency (wetness) was the same as my other soaps/creams - any thoughts on this? Or is it just an idiosyncracy of MWF!!

I’ve been using MWF for just shy of a month now. I started trying to get my lather together in the bowl, just like I’ve done with everything else I’ve tried, but it kept turning out too thin with lots of bubbles and a tendency to dry out on my face. Having read that it can take a few goes before the soap succumbs I kept at it for a week or more with ever decreasing success and a succession of bad shaves. I was at the point of giving up when I read on another thread that face lathering was the way to go with MWF. So in a last ditch effort that’s what I tried and that’s how I’ve been lathering with MWF ever since. I accept that I’m still finding my way to get the right consistency, it’s usually just a tad on the dry side but dipping the very tips of the brush in the water and going back to the face I’d say I’m able to achieve the desired lather quite consistently now.

I have quite sensitive skin and I was worried about the extra aggravation of the brush on my face when creating the lather but thankfully everything has been okay and my face hasn’t reacted. The only issue I’ve encountered is that my entry level brush is perhaps not quite luxurious enough for face lathering!

Chris

Back
Top Bottom