Mummy and aftershaves

Hello gents.

There's one mysterious, naturally occurring (although noone knows exactly how) in a region of Altai mountains substance known as a mummy (mumije, medicinal bitumen). It's been used for centuries, if not millenia by the local inhabitants for healing wounds and fractures, and at some point was only reserved for the battle veterans. It's hard to come by in these parts, but not impossible - although there's always a question of authenticity when purchasing such things online.

Ok, that was a preamble, and here is the main story - I had a pack and have been taking it for a month or so, and only having reached the very last pill I realised it might be worthwhile experimenting (which I'm all about) with! And since mumije dilutes in water without any residue - also a way to tell its purity - an obvious choice was to enhance an aftershave with it. But after contemplating for a bit I settled for my Boots witch hazel hydrosol. Crushed the tablet, threw it in, shook vigorously and left in a fridge overnight - to my content it did dilute completely and gave distinctive bitter scent to the hydrosol. Well, the most interesting part - effect. I won't be making loud claims as, first of all - I only had one tablet left at the time and I'd think a larger quantity would do better for external use, and second of all I may be plain biased :) But it did seem to increase the witch hazels healing and soothing properties.

This has been said, there's food for thought, and if you ever come across this mineral wonder - be sure to try it out, in one way or another!

1267025509_8b6ebc86c6b1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom