Muhle Titanium R41 (London & Berlin Limited Editions)

I guess a titanium head would work OK on a stainless handle. The etching of city skylines and the razors being limited editions will be a draw for many, but speaking very personally, they don't have much appeal for me. I prefer additions to any DE or SE razor to be limited to the maker's name, for instance, rather than anything more decorative. That, of course, doesn't apply to straight razors, where I think a degree of ornamentation is permissible, especially a nice gold inlay.

On a side note the idea of the titanium R41 just doesn't do it for me. I like weight and I can't see any advantage over using titanium for a razor. I'd be happier with the standard or stainless 41. It is a great material but it has much better applications elsewhere.

IMO these razors made of exotic alloys or elements are merely fodder for the "snob" factor, i.e., "My razor cost 400...blah, blah...". I see the argument for stainless steel, but not for these.

Paul...razor was £140. Whilst I would not use the words, good value, in describing Muhle products, it does I think, compare well with other similar offerings. The R41 is the dogs danglies in my den and my sweet spot for a razors weight is around 70g.
Wow! I thought it would be more. 007 James Bond edition!
Enjoy!

Paul.

I had a communication today, 6th August, from Muhle about "Free Goodies for Mens' Grooming Day" (a new one on me) in which, among other things, they suggest I visit their London store and, quote, "Celebrate by investing in extra special new grooming kit, like our limited-edition Titanium Razor. Available exclusively in our London and Berlin stores; with only 100 made of each- the razors are uniquely numbered and have been laser engraved with their city’s skyline."

I offer this as a supposition that they may still have some available.

Back
Top Bottom