Muhle Titanium R41 (London & Berlin Limited Editions)

Satanfriendly

Supporter
Supporter
On a side note the idea of the titanium R41 just doesn't do it for me. I like weight and I can't see any advantage over using titanium for a razor. I'd be happier with the standard or stainless 41. It is a great material but it has much better applications elsewhere.

I guess a titanium head would work OK on a stainless handle. The etching of city skylines and the razors being limited editions will be a draw for many, but speaking very personally, they don't have much appeal for me. I prefer additions to any DE or SE razor to be limited to the maker's name, for instance, rather than anything more decorative. That, of course, doesn't apply to straight razors, where I think a degree of ornamentation is permissible, especially a nice gold inlay.

On a side note the idea of the titanium R41 just doesn't do it for me. I like weight and I can't see any advantage over using titanium for a razor. I'd be happier with the standard or stainless 41. It is a great material but it has much better applications elsewhere.

IMO these razors made of exotic alloys or elements are merely fodder for the "snob" factor, i.e., "My razor cost 400...blah, blah...". I see the argument for stainless steel, but not for these.

Top Bottom