Muhle R89 Jet DLC

Funny but true

Mine has turned up.
Nice finish on the head and the rubber coating on the handle feels nice, but it is just a bit too small for me and I won't be using it.

Shame they didn't offer a 'Grande' option.

Well, I guess it was always going to be an 89, now wasn't it? I like the rubber handle which is, of course, was too short for me. What surprises me is that the head isn't man enoough to look well on a variety of handles that show off a Weber DLC to perfection. I had already asked daz to make me a wee little handle and that choice is confimed.

The coating is so thin it cannot posssibly change the characteristics of the razor so we can predict a very mild shave - which I shall test in the morning with the freebie Derby supplied.

It's black and a little bit sexy but pales in the shadow of the mighty Weber DLC. It don't got cajones is what it don't got!

How wrong can I be? Humble pie duly eaten! What a brilliant shave!

The short handle lasted only for the first stroke because thhis razor needs respect! I put on a Templ8 Fencing Handle and enjoyed a cracking shave - turned out to be BBS though I wasn't trying for one. This is a great razor with enough bite to need respect and enough blade exposure to get a Derby singing - great audio feedback.

I shall indeed purchase a handle suitable for it and my hands and be highly pleased with this as a razor.

Shaved with mine as well last night, paired with the old OSS handle and a new Astra SP.
6 days growth gone in 3 passes. BBS results.
A nice smooth shave, no irritation and no sting with the Alum.
What more do you need?

But.....

I don't think it is any better than my EJ89.

Is the DLC worth the extra over a EJ89?
IMHO - No. For me, they both give excellent shaves and I can't tell the difference between them.

As always - YMMV.

Re: RE: Muhle R89 Jet DLC

U

I bought it partly for the looks and partly for the DLC that I had heard so much about. For me, the coating hasn't added anything to the shave.

Glad I didn't go mad and buy a Weber DLC for silly money.

Now, how do I get my OSS handle to match it?