Muhle R106 or EJ chatsworth

i am confiused with EJ chatsworth Horn & Muhle R106,actually i am looking for somthing strongly long lasting and blance in shaving , Have any one tried before this kind of razor ?

I recommend the Chrome EJ Chatsworth, from BladeMail as it's heavier than the faux horn/ivory/ebony and perfectly balanced, to me way better than any of the EJ DE8X/MÜHLE R8X/10X, longer handle, more comfortable and better balance, if you have big hands you'll thank me later! It's pricier, but I think it's worth it!

I have a Muhle R106 and I used to use it a lot, but not so much now.

No specific reason to be honest, it's just that I have bought a few more razors since then.

I found it to be a well-balanced razor, not very aggressive though. I have big hands, but did not find the handle on the small side.

I have not tried EJ Chatsworth razors, but they do look quite expensive compared to the Muhle razors.

I can't compare those two as I have no experience with the Muhle R106. However, I can say the Chatsworth is a wonderfull DE razor.

The EJ DE Chatsworth is indeed more expensive compared to the Muhle R106. If price is an issue, you should also take a look at EJ DE Barley or Octagonal. Very nice DE razors as well.

I think that both razors have the same head. Someone else could confirm this? So you will be paying a higher price for a longer, heavier handle in a different material. I have the Chatsworth. It beat off competition from around 20 other razors to become my daily choice.

Fido said:
I think that both razors have the same head. Someone else could confirm this? So you will be paying a higher price for a longer, heavier handle in a different material. I have the Chatsworth. It beat off competition from around 20 other razors to become my daily choice.

Yes, the Edwin Jaggers (including the Chatsworth) and the closed-comb MÜHLE share the same head - the one designed by Neil Jagger, the founder of EJ, and nowadays produced by both companies.

"Someone else could confirm this?"
Yes Peter, (though I see Oversaturn is backing you too), it's the exact same head.

To the OP: Although it's the same head, comparing the Chatsworth with the R106 isn't really a direct comparison, the R106 is far more similar to the Jagger DE87. I'm not sure if Muhle do a razor with a handle like the Chatsworth.

I have the DE87 and it's very well balanced and wonderful quality. Not very aggressive though, so mine has fallen into disuse as I like more bite. I think any Jagger or Muhle will last you a long time though.

The EJ Chatsworth was my only razor, but I also now have a Merkur 25C razor. However, I did use a Feather blade in the Chatsworth and it was not a suitable combination, I was a bit sore afterwards. The Chatsworth seems to work better with milder blades.

Back
Top Bottom