Muhle DE blades

I think they might be the same blades as the Israeli (maybe now German made) Personna Tomy blades, which seem to crop up OEM for a number of own brand blades, eg Boots, Bluebeard's Revenge, and Amazon Solimno.

Some like them but I won't use one of those blades again.

I’ve never tried the Muhle blades. Like @donnie_arko says it’s unlikely the big brands actually produce their own blades so who knows what you’re getting.
Having said that, I did really like the Rockwell blades I got with my 6C but they’re too expensive to consider when I can get plenty of other nice blades far cheaper.

I scored the Muhle Stainless a 3/10, which is a "Hell, no!" on my scale. The Muhle is one click above the Merkur Platinum (at 2/10, which is a straight-up "F***, no!").

I think they might be the same blades as the Israeli (maybe now German made) Personna Tomy blades, which seem to crop up OEM for a number of own brand blades, eg Boots, Bluebeard's Revenge, and Amazon Solimno.

Interesting! See above ... I also scored the TOMY a 3/10, finding it quite hateful. Rough, tuggy and scratchy. Odd, as the German Platinum Chrome and even the Comfort Coated from that factory are lovely blades on my face.

I have used the Persona "made in Israel" Supermarket blades and they were just OK. Did the job but nothing standout. In my comparison scoring, i put them alongside my (pre 2017 vertical label) Derby Extras.

Wouldn't choose to buy them again.

Strange for me to see these comments. The Muhle blade is one of my favourites! I get similar results to the Gillette Super Stainless but where the Gillette's feel decidedly second-hand after the third shave the Muhle is just getting into it's stride. I've read comments of people getting up to eight shaves from them. Personally, that's probably pushing it quite a bit. They are made by Personna apparently to Muhle's own specification (whatever that is). I will almost certainly be buying a bundle when my current blade stocks run low.

Strange for me to see these comments. The Muhle blade is one of my favourites! I get similar results to the Gillette Super Stainless but where the Gillette's feel decidedly second-hand after the third shave the Muhle is just getting into it's stride. I've read comments of people getting up to eight shaves from them. Personally, that's probably pushing it quite a bit. They are made by Personna apparently to Muhle's own specification (whatever that is). I will almost certainly be buying a bundle when my current blade stocks run low.
give me your address and you'll get 4 packets for free! please check only that you will not have to pay import duties from Begium

Back
Top Bottom