Muhle companion

I have not, and am unlikely to. I don't think I like the cord, although it will make it handy for storage (I imagine they see users hanging it in the shower). I do really like the engraving on the handle though. Shame they don't mention materials on the razor webpage.

I have not, and am unlikely to. I don't think I like the cord, although it will make it handy for storage (I imagine they see users hanging it in the shower). I do really like the engraving on the handle though. Shame they don't mention materials on the razor webpage.
I will buy it tonight I think...don’t like at all the cord...looks like is aluminum but I’m not sure

Over on B&B, chap cites the Instagram page (not a member, so can't verify):

"Head is made of zinc alloy and the handle is made of stainless steel. The whole razor is finished with a satin chrome coating. (according to their Instagram page)."

Hence the MSRP of £36 on the UK site.

The head design reminds me of the Bevel, itself a bit of a copy of the vintage Swing.
The Swing models I see on the Internet seemed to have copied the Gillette Old & Tech models. Perhaps I missed something however.

I like the way this Mühle gracefully covers the end tabs. Not that I have a problem with exposed tabs, but many seem to.

Well, shave report? :unsure:
So...used today with his muhle blade and 4/5 days of beard...very mild and smooth,basically is an henson medium 2.0 with more weight,no blade feel at all.
Because of the weight you don’t have to apply pressure if you have longer beard and I like this factor.
Negative points for me...handle too long(I rather shorter handle),the cord is useless, and during the shave I didn’t have any grip on the handle. My final conclusion is that for me is a keeper if you like mild razor,but i will definitely change the handle.

So, between this & the Henson which is better IYO? As well and just to reiterate, you used the Henson Medium and not the Mild, correct?
I had both mild and medium...I prefer this new muhle because of the weight...I feel more comfortable during the shave because I don’t have to apply pressure like with the henson with longer beard. This is my first impression, I will keep shaving in these day with this razor and see if I’m right

Back
Top Bottom