Muhle 2011 R41 - Ebay £200??

I have no idea as to what model it is but here is the link for the professionals amongst us who will know.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112342969503?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Obviously the auction is finished but I hope you can still see the item.
As a total newbie to the "DE world" I still cannot understand how someone would pay this sort of money on a razor that can be obtained for thirty something pounds.

Am I missing a trick here?
Finally who would want to buy a razor that by the sounds of it would rip your face off if you made a little mistake?

It is the 2011 model, which was the most aggressive out of all of the R41 razors, I found that it's not that bad to shave with to be fair, you do need to concentrate and it will bite if you are careless but it gives me a great shave. YMMV. I do however agree that to spend that kind of money on one is one step beyond!!!

Last edited:

The R41 has definitely intrigued me but I think at the moment I will leave it for a later date.

The R41 has definitely intrigued me but I think at the moment I will leave it for a later date.
The latest R41 (2013) is a very good razor indeed and one you may like to try further down the line. Give me a shout in a few months when you have a few more shaves under your belt and I will lend you mine to try before you make your mind up to buy or not....

Sorry a little late with my reply, only just read this.
Thank you very much sir for such a generous offer.
I will keep this in mind.
Kindest regards
Wayne

I have no real desire to try an R41 as it sounds and looks pretty nasty unless you know what you are doing. Maybe for clearing 5 days growth or for those eith heavy beards but I think a Fatip Piccollo will me my limit.

I have no real desire to try an R41 as it sounds and looks pretty nasty unless you know what you are doing. Maybe for clearing 5 days growth or for those eith heavy beards but I think a Fatip Piccollo will me my limit.

They're not that scary, mate .......... Even a Tech will bite you if you lob it at your face without paying attention. You'll certainly feel the blade a lot more than you will shaving with a Tech but, other than that, it's just a razor. I shave every two days on average and my R41 is a cracking shaver with a Feather loaded into it.