Mug or scuttle??

N

n1vlo

guys...i have been wet shaving for around 10 years with proper stuff...but a scuttle has always eluded me...does anyone here use a one and where to buy in uk

i posed this to a potter on ebay if he could make me one...i have asked others but have refused

i asked him to make me a shaving mug and he did...for around £12 plus postage

i paid yesterday and was here this morning...i am no way connected just giving him credit

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:steve.woodhead@yahoo.com">steve.woodhead@yahoo.com</a><!-- e -->.... and his ebay shop...<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Steve-Woodhead-Studio-Pottery__W0QQ_armrsZ1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Steve-Woo ... QQ_armrsZ1</a><!-- m -->

really nice guy to deal with

hope this is okay to post...please delete if i have erred

1 stick of tabac left ...first to pm...£3.50 posted...£1.50 for stick...£1.74 for the post...hando grabbed the first :D

Took me a while to track back to this:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=871" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=4&t=871</a><!-- l -->

I've not come across any UK scuttles. My Dirty Bird is a bit of fun. Makes it easy to whip up and keep warm decent lather.But I don't use it often. It really depends on how much you want to try using all the things that might help make shaving an even more pleasant experience. Your shaving mug looks good to me.

its a nice job...but i think i will take your advice..perhaps not need at all

last Tabac for now spoken for pending..will check at shop next week if anymore wants em

Hi Nivlo

Be interested to know how your mug works. I found a small bowl from Cargo store which looked nice (plain black), But it is not deep enough. ie the lather keeps escaping over the top.

Regards
Vince :x

Ive been using a Massive great Latte mug for my creamy goodness...

Would consider a scuttle tho if a UK supplier was found for a not to hefty price tag.

well i have given him a few suggestions and i think he is going to hav a go at making them...the mug works fine...has ridges on the inside ...seems to whip it up good

it would be nice to find a uk based artisan

[attachment=1]

OR

[attachment=0]

Attachments

• 200px-Ashley_cole.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 87
  • 220px-Bundesarchiv_DVM_10_Bild-23-63-06,_Panzerschiff__Admiral_Graf_Spee_.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 87
just an update as a bit interest shown

heres an update from Steve

he has just chucked together a scuttle see pic for raw state image...he reckons he will be knocking these out for around £30 + postage from his pottery in Warwickshire

ive put myself on the list....its worth a punt for me at that price

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:steve.woodhead@yahoo.com">steve.woodhead@yahoo.com</a><!-- e -->

It's good to see a uk producer of these for a decent price.Design is a bit too 'Roman' for my liking, I prefer the plainer look.Might buy one if he can change some details.

In terms of design that looks quite good, I see what you are getting at with the Roman thing but it is hard to judge and glazed and painted it can look quite different. I still use my Dirty Bird brush scuttle most days so unless the unspeakable happened I am sorted, if I didn't have one I'd consider that without the rope like detail on top/

I too would prefer something less ornate but by the time its glazed and fired a lot of the detail will be lost, especially if a dark colour is used.

Lets see what it's like when its completely finished...looks very well made.

Back
Top Bottom