Much interest in coffee here still?

If you have a favourite coffee ask them what brand of beans they use and who supplies them and try to get them if not source a local roaster that way you can ensure they are freshly roasted. For espresso I'm really enjoying a blend of 2 beans 1/2 dark, 1/2 medium roast Tanzanian blend from a local supplier.

I recently finished a pack of java beans that had a wonderful chocolate taste to them and a great texture to the coffee and have my eye on a Sumatra Mandheling bean next. I have both type of pod types from Nespresso the original now lives in work and the Vertuo is only used for the 230ml mugs at home, made the mistake of taking my 20 year old espresso machine into work and realised how much better fresh ground is and after having to send the Vertuo machine away for repair took a look a lever machines and went with the Flair, yes there is a bit of prep work in pre heating or faff as the wife calls it, but its all good fun.

Can I just give a heads up to a coffee roaster called Dark Woods Coffee, they have won many awards for their coffee which they roast on site, I would be very surprised if you didn't enjoy their products

Can I just give a heads up to a coffee roaster called Dark Woods Coffee, they have won many awards for their coffee which they roast on site, I would be very surprised if you didn't enjoy their products

Very attractive website, with some lovely sounding coffee. Simple set of brewing kit (for home) on offer. Nice! Thanks for the heads-up ...

The penny has dropped now. Yes, I know this lot ... over in Marsden (Huddersfield). Good call!

They are excellent, they don't usually have cafe facilities, just high days and holidays, when they are open they are packed out.

There is also a very good bakery in Slaithwaite called the Handmade Bakery, best bread I have had anywhere.

Eta, they also make coffee using Dark a Woods coffee

Excellent canal side walk between Dark Woods and Handmade Bakery if you wanted to make life perfect

Last edited:
I drink gallons of coffee. I haven't read this thread I just thought I'd drop in and leave my mark. I drink store brand "Columbian" ground coffee that comes in a can that I run through a twelve cup coffee maker. While that's making I drink a cup of store brand instant after heating my cup of water in the microwave. Just black coffee, I don't put any kind of stuff in my "Joe".

Back
Top Bottom