Much interest in coffee here still?

I'm enjoying the various offerings from Django at the moment. All the coffees I've chosen so far have been really interesting (I tend to choose natural or experimental process) and they're great value if you buy by the kg. They also do a subscription, which I might sign up to at some point, but generally I prefer to choose what I want rather than let the roaster decide. For brewing I use an Aeropress so I don't need a gooseneck. I have had some great V60 and Kalita Wave brews in coffee shops though, more involved perhaps but also maybe better than Aeropress.

Due to a drastic straightening of my finances recently I've had to try other options than my usual single origin beans roast to my wishes. I have to say the coffee Lidl sell is excellent for the price. I prefer a strong/thick brew so have gravitated to their Colombian, Indian or Guatemalan. They work well in the Moka pot, Haro or Minipresso. Not that much of a compromise really although my Kitchen Aid grinder is well in the huff. - I.

I've gone back to basics with coffee. Used to use an Aeropress - which is great - but now I prefer cowboy coffee. Fine dusty grind, fast extraction, then just pour it through a tea strainer into the cup.

You'll get a cm or so of sludge in the bottom of the cup but it seems to have a little more flavour than the Aeropress, probably because of all the little particles floating around which didn't get filtered out.

I’m waiting on a bombardment of snobbery :ROFLMAO:
But i’m a huge Nespresso fan.
Over the years i tried roasting my own beans,
iv had expensive machines & ground my own but over the last 10 years i’m a Nespresso convert.
Sometimes i’ll have an espresso sometimes a double or triple espresso
sometimes i fancy a latte or cappuccino and it’s all in a pod & in my cup in less than a minute.
and the coffee is class.
If i didn’t like it i wouldn’t buy it but i 100% recommend it.

I just love coffee in all its forms. Whether it's espresso or latte from my Sage Barista Pro, pour over from the V60, Aeropress, French press, Bialetti stove top, Nescafé Dolce Gusto or the jar of Lidl Costa Rican instant, I use them all regularly depending on my mood/ how much time I have.
I do use a swan neck kettle for the V60, an Amazon cheapie, but normal kettle is fine. However I've found that a decent grinder and scales/timer make a huge difference to the taste when using this method.
And there are lots of good bean roasters in the Glasgow area!

I like to think of the institution of drinking tea as quintessentially British (let's not overthink this into the realm of id politics please, I realise it isn't grown in Croydon, that the Japanese have cha no Yu etc!).

I used to drink gallons of tea. But I was/am a tea philistine, mug of PG Tips, builder's, no sugar. Or enough jasmine tea with my Chinese to make me light headed.

Then I fell headlong down the home espresso rabbit hole! Coffee has become much more of a passion and real source of pleasure. I probably drink tea once a month for refreshment or to cleanse the palate. Or if I'm somewhere I just know choosing coffee is an exercise in self-flagellation.

Back
Top Bottom