Much interest in coffee here still?

Can I just give a heads up to a coffee roaster called Dark Woods Coffee, they have won many awards for their coffee which they roast on site, I would be very surprised if you didn't enjoy their products

Very attractive website, with some lovely sounding coffee. Simple set of brewing kit (for home) on offer. Nice! Thanks for the heads-up ...

The penny has dropped now. Yes, I know this lot ... over in Marsden (Huddersfield). Good call!

They are excellent, they don't usually have cafe facilities, just high days and holidays, when they are open they are packed out.

There is also a very good bakery in Slaithwaite called the Handmade Bakery, best bread I have had anywhere.

Eta, they also make coffee using Dark a Woods coffee

Excellent canal side walk between Dark Woods and Handmade Bakery if you wanted to make life perfect

Last edited:
I drink gallons of coffee. I haven't read this thread I just thought I'd drop in and leave my mark. I drink store brand "Columbian" ground coffee that comes in a can that I run through a twelve cup coffee maker. While that's making I drink a cup of store brand instant after heating my cup of water in the microwave. Just black coffee, I don't put any kind of stuff in my "Joe".

Can I just give a heads up to a coffee roaster called Dark Woods Coffee, they have won many awards for their coffee which they roast on site, I would be very surprised if you didn't enjoy their products

By coincidence, I was talking to someone in north London who comes up to Yorkshire to have a main service on hIs Bmw at an independent garage and makes a couple of days of it, his wife goes shopping for the afternoon by train to Manchester and he goes on a canal walk with his dog to the bakery for lunch and a cup of Dark Woods. Even paying for a night in a B and B he still says he is quids in and really enjoyed his break.

OP
hotmetal
Those sound interesting Nav! I've had a coffee that was some weird anaerobic fermentation process with some special yeast, that, despite not actually having pineapple pulp in it, was generally known as "pineapple candy" because of the unique taste the processing lent it.

Nicaragua - Santa Luz Estate 'Pineapple Candy' - Yeast Fermented​

Gairdner

Supporter
Supporter
@hotmetal you’ve spelt coffee wrong. It’s T-E-A

Actually I never have a cup of tea on the rare occasions I go out as it’s always guff. Cappuccino with a dash of hazelnut syrup because I could never begin to try and make such a thing at home and they do taste rather luxurious. Other than that, this is definitely and defiantly a tea hoose. Polly put the kettle on.;)

Mike Smart

Supporter
Supporter
@hotmetal you’ve spelt coffee wrong. It’s T-E-A

Actually I never have a cup of tea on the rare occasions I go out as it’s always guff. Cappuccino with a dash of hazelnut syrup because I could never begin to try and make such a thing at home and they do taste rather luxurious. Other than that, this is definitely and defiantly a tea hoose. Polly put the kettle on.;)
I Wish Straight Jacket GIF by The Kid LAROI.

Top Bottom