Much interest in coffee here still?

You came all the way from the gairden to say that hahaha! Off to the tea room with ye, mine's an earl grey, or failing that, a mug of PG Tips.
PG Tips? No sir, no ta.

Strong black coffee yank-style is, I suppose, like a builder’s brew in Blighty. Cricket, tea and scones, if you please. And don’t tell old Freddy Truman’s ghost that ain’t manly or ‘ee’ll ‘ave thee. I’ll take mad bad Fred Truman over JW any day. I mean, could you imagine Marion tearing into the Aussies at Lords? Well I suppose we do use a Duke’s ball over here…;):ROFLMAO:

I've had to start avoiding caffeine after 2pm ish.
Really starting to effect me unfortunately especially at night. There are alternatives but not the same taste. Annoying that life's pleasures seem to come with consequences that multiply as you get older.
Problem is awareness of the effects and some of which can be seen in faces and eyes.
You can't win!
I'm not avoiding though.

Reactions: PHR
Well, I need something to wash the blood pressure tablets down with...
Decent decaf beans are available of course, but when you know what you like in coffee (not the caffeine per se) you soon find that decaf is always roasted a little darker than my tastes prefer. There is a reason why, a roaster explained it to me once. Unfortunate but there you are. I also limit my intake to about 3 x 18g 'doubles' and stop before 2pm. Sleep is one thing, blood pressure obviously isn't time limited, but the way things are going we've bigger worries. Like the shock when you get the leccy bill having used an E61 espresso machine every morning.

Bit of a thread revival

Anyone have recommendations on a good coffee bean grinder? My cheap Chinese one decided to break itself this morning. Luckily, Amazon are giving me a full refund despite having it for 6 months.

Dont want something too expensive but want something that will last

What sort of budget?
And what sort of coffee (espresso or filter?)
The Niche Zero is an excellent grinder that works for espresso and filter and is easy to swap between the two, £500.
If you don't need to grind for espresso you don't need to spend so much. ("So much" is a relative term, that's a bargain for an espresso grinder).

The Wilfa Uniform is about half that, and might be OK for espresso but I believe it's stepped adjustment.

The Wilfa Svart is half as much but only for brewed methods, not espresso.

There are constantly new grinders coming out and I'm a little out of touch with it so don't take my suggestions as definitive or exhaustive. These are just the ones that get recommended that I can remember.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom